Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,795,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy1966 View Post
Im 5-5 I allways thought that was Average
Seriously??

Old 05-16-2012, 06:24 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I honestly don't believe that all short women want taller guys. There is a youtuber named DulceCandy and she is like 4'11, and her husband is about 5'3 or 5'4. And look at the rapper T.I and Tiny. Both of them are short. You just want to vilify all women because you are not happy with your height
Actually, I AM happy with my height. Not going to get into the specifics of why so I'll leave it there. It's WOMEN who have the issues with it... you know, all this nonsense about 'feeling protected' and other assorted tidbits of the psychobabble sort.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:27 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
How can the comments be about my own insecurities? How can I even be blamed for that? They did tease us because I was much taller than him. They thought it was funny and odd that we were together because of the height difference. It had NOTHING to do with our own insecurities. Some people think that way. Confidence or no confidence people are going to say waht they want. I hate when people try to blame someone for things other people say.
And they are immature morons for acting in that manner. Why would anyone care what anyone says anyway?

I remember way back when I had my second GF and she was AA - dark-skinned AA too - and people were whispering, snickering, etc. cuz I am white. Well, so what! I didn't give a damn what anyone else thought... I just cared about my GF. That's all that mattered to me.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Actually, I AM happy with my height. Not going to get into the specifics of why so I'll leave it there. It's WOMEN who have the issues with it... you know, all this nonsense about 'feeling protected' and other assorted tidbits of the psychobabble sort.
SOME women have a problem with it. I have a lot of girlfriends who are over 5'10 and they have all dated men significantly shorter than they are. A very good friend of mine who is 6'4 is engaged to a man who is 5'6 and she couldn't be happier.

People all have preferences... I've met plenty of guys who told me 'you're cute, but there's no way I'd date a girl as tall as you'. No skin off my back, they don't know what they're missing

Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,795,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
SOME women have a problem with it. I have a lot of girlfriends who are over 5'10 and they have all dated men significantly shorter than they are. A very good friend of mine who is 6'4 is engaged to a man who is 5'6 and she couldn't be happier.

People all have preferences... I've met plenty of guys who told me 'you're cute, but there's no way I'd date a girl as tall as you'. No skin off my back, they don't know what they're missing
For whatever reason I get the feeling you are beautiful.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,431,264 times
here is a good blog on the topic

The Social Complex

edit: there's some stuff to wade through, but there is some pretty insightful stuff on there

Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,123,536 times
One thing I find funny about short men and society in general is that ... society has no problem telling short men they are short and that it is a problem for them getting dates.

As a short guy, I have had ...

-Multiple men and women call me short and/or little to my face.
-Have women either tell me directly or mention when were in a platonic social group that she would never date a man shorter than her when I am shorter than her.
-Have men and women talk about the difficulties of dating for short men when I'm right there in the group.

In contrast, nobody (with couth) is going to ...

-Go up to an overweight woman and say, "Hey there big gal?"
-Mention in a conversation that they don't date black men when there is a black man in the group
-Talk about how hard it is for 'fat chicks' when there is an overweight woman in the group.

Not that I care and not that it happens too often. I just think it's funny.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,789,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post

The Social Complex

edit: there's some stuff to wade through, but there is some pretty insightful stuff on there
Very interesting, and sad. I didnt realize shorter men had such emotional pain attached to their height. They really shouldn't.

I remember concluding the summer before high school that short men tended to have more attractive personalities and were outgoing and confident. This was inspired by an attractive college aged guy who worked at the summer program I was in. Coincidentally, this was the summer that I grew multiple inches in those 3 weeks away.

Being tall is wonderful. I love every bit of it and I hear the same from other tall women and men. But being short should never stop a person from feeling wonderful, too and any person who cannot appreciate another's awesomeness because of some silly idea of the way a man or woman is supposed to be, well, that person isn't really worth much at all.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,543,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post

The Social Complex

Im reading that blog right now and i find it insightful and interesting.
That isnt changing the fact that i dont feel attracted to short guys, but its interesting anyways.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 AM

24,516 posts, read 33,355,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
lol, that's cute. I like short girls a lot. My ideal range is 5'2" to 5'6", and 5'0" to 5'8" is good. Any shorter than 5'0" is too short I think, haha, I could make an exception if she was on the rally squad for like the Blazers, and she was 4'11" weighed 82 pounds, LOL, that might be fun. And any taller than 5'8" is too tall, because if she's 5'8" with heels she should be just about my height with my shoes on. That's... not great. My favorite height is 5'4".
You may be glad to know that the average American female is 5'3.5" tall. From what I've read, the average American male is 5'9.5" tall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships