Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:18 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,292 times

Advertisements

To be quite frank, about the only people who will not have trouble finding a job here are nurses, certified sleep techs, respiratory techs, and EMT/paramedics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 03:30 PM

331 posts, read 1,311,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
To be quite frank, about the only people who will not have trouble finding a job here are nurses, certified sleep techs, respiratory techs, and EMT/paramedics.
Are you saying that because the job market in general is in a slump?

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. We are really excited about making this move. Just hope I can get "decalifornia'd" lol.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM

222 posts, read 936,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1961 View Post
Are you saying that because the job market in general is in a slump?
All the IT jobs around here in WS have been/are being outsourced, although I just heard some companies are starting to bring some jobs back. If your husband wants a job in IT then you will have to look in Charlotte or Raleigh, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, I see WS as a dying town, as a lot of businesses have left with nothing coming into town. PepsiCo just announced they will be hiring 150 workers, but I don't know in what area or if they are salaried or hourly. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:15 PM

577 posts, read 1,901,598 times
In my opinion people seem to think NC is full of jobs and I think this is misleading, look at Raleigh, 47,000 people moved here last year alone and the job market is saturated with job hunters. The fact is alot of folks have settled for low paying jobs as a sacrifice to get here expecting alot more. Simply put we havent added 47000 jobs in the last year and yes some companies are moving into the area but not enough to support the huge influx, the effects of the influx have justed started to show up in Raleigh because it happened almost overnight. imagine you came here in july and returned in aug there would be around 3000 new people and cars here since your last visit,thats a big change(100 people a day moved into the raleigh area) It has slowed recently and I hope it continues but jobs will be very hard to come by with exception to specific careers as mentioned in earlier post. but good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina