Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 12:27 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by havin fun View Post
Actually, Olmstead Village is in Taylortown. A completely seperate entity from Pinehurst.
Now your nit picking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,123 times
Default Southern pines police facebook

Southern pines Police now has a facebook page.. check it out.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:56 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
i live in southern pines, crime here IS pretty ridiculous. huge meth bust the other day, pizza driver robbed, guy walking down broad street robbed at gunpoint, guest at best western pinehurst in robbed, KFC robbed, shooting at cookout, stabbing in the projects, numerous drug and property damage and assaults in the projects, burger king robbed twice in 2 weeks, murder really aint a problem but all the break ins and robberies make it kind of nerve racking. i definitely carry a switchblade every time i go out on a delivery (pizza driver).

also, i stay in the pj's so it is real seedy over here. people walking around at all hours of the night, shouting, throwing ****, smoking weed, being drunk, fighting...its a mess over here.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM

8 posts, read 16,200 times
I've never knew Souther P to be crime ridden. PJ's are always a spot of crime so omit those stats and its a good place to live. I'd rather live there than Fayetteville anyday and its only like 40 minutes from me. You think LordHelmit had a list but if you compare that too Fayetteville! That's just about average every other weekend for us. Southern Pines, Whispering Pines, Pinehurst, and then Aberdeen is my ranking.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM

328 posts, read 767,307 times
Moore County is beautiful and I have never really thought of it as a crime-ridden area. Unfortunately, fracking will likely come to the area and ruin all of that.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandorangeskittles View Post
Moore County is beautiful and I have never really thought of it as a crime-ridden area. Unfortunately, fracking will likely come to the area and ruin all of that.
I hope you are wrong and all those millionaires living in Pinehurst have enough leverage to keep out the gas drillers.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKold1080P View Post
I've never knew Souther P to be crime ridden. PJ's are always a spot of crime so omit those stats and its a good place to live. I'd rather live there than Fayetteville anyday and its only like 40 minutes from me. You think LordHelmit had a list but if you compare that too Fayetteville! That's just about average every other weekend for us. Southern Pines, Whispering Pines, Pinehurst, and then Aberdeen is my ranking.
SP has gotten worse and worse. i definitely didnt list everything. Family dollar over by food lion on US 1 and the tobacco shop got robbed on the same day (day after the pizza driver got robbed, a week after the shooting at cookout), motorcycle chase, major drug dealer arrested, shooting in the PJs, and im sure there was more. most of it seems to be concentrated in the bad part of town of course, along Sandhills Boulevard (US1)...thats where the best western robbery, burger king robberies, family dollar and tobacco shop robberies, kfc robbery, and near where the pizza driver was robbed. and of course it leads right to the pj's (kinda sorta if you turn left on morganton) but still. that whole area of SP/aberdeen you just want to avoid really. 15-501 doesnt seem to have many problems other than the cookout incident. dont really hear of many robberies happening along 15/501

i dont even understand why southern pines needs low income projects. its a tiny town, sure the area is PH/SP/WP/AB put together but still that only makes about 30-35,000 people. i've never seen such a small town have low income housing projects. i think building those brought the crime. like i said i actually live in brookside, and its ridiculous here. 11pm on a monday night and the neighbor has his gangsta rap with his 3 15" subs blasting out his house. right up the road at the corner of shaw and coats theres a group of like 10 wanna-be gangabngers shouting, drinking, smoking blunts and blasting THEIR car's music, of course with like 10 subwoofers. the other direction theres another group of 5+ people just hanging out on a few cars smoking. in between the 2 groups are at least 4-5 doped up crackheads walking around knocking on peoples door asking for money or cigarettes. i hate living in these projects.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM

203 posts, read 412,960 times
Great descriptions! With your literary skills, it seems like maybe you should become a writer or get a job with the Southern Pines Chamber of Commerce, rather than waste your time delivering pizza. First you told us all about current events in Southern Pines ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
i live in southern pines, crime here IS pretty ridiculous. huge meth bust the other day, pizza driver robbed, guy walking down broad street robbed at gunpoint, guest at best western pinehurst in robbed, KFC robbed, shooting at cookout, stabbing in the projects, numerous drug and property damage and assaults in the projects, burger king robbed twice in 2 weeks, murder really aint a problem but all the break ins and robberies make it kind of nerve racking. i definitely carry a switchblade every time i go out on a delivery (pizza driver).

also, i stay in the pj's so it is real seedy over here. people walking around at all hours of the night, shouting, throwing ****, smoking weed, being drunk, fighting...its a mess over here.
... and then you elaborated with even more detail about Southern Pines social life ...

Quote:
SP has gotten worse and worse. i definitely didnt list everything. Family dollar over by food lion on US 1 and the tobacco shop got robbed on the same day (day after the pizza driver got robbed, a week after the shooting at cookout), motorcycle chase, major drug dealer arrested, shooting in the PJs, and im sure there was more. most of it seems to be concentrated in the bad part of town of course, along Sandhills Boulevard (US1)...thats where the best western robbery, burger king robberies, family dollar and tobacco shop robberies, kfc robbery, and near where the pizza driver was robbed. and of course it leads right to the pj's (kinda sorta if you turn left on morganton) but still. that whole area of SP/aberdeen you just want to avoid really. 15-501 doesnt seem to have many problems other than the cookout incident. dont really hear of many robberies happening along 15/501

i dont even understand why southern pines needs low income projects. its a tiny town, sure the area is PH/SP/WP/AB put together but still that only makes about 30-35,000 people. i've never seen such a small town have low income housing projects. i think building those brought the crime. like i said i actually live in brookside, and its ridiculous here. 11pm on a monday night and the neighbor has his gangsta rap with his 3 15" subs blasting out his house. right up the road at the corner of shaw and coats theres a group of like 10 wanna-be gangabngers shouting, drinking, smoking blunts and blasting THEIR car's music, of course with like 10 subwoofers. the other direction theres another group of 5+ people just hanging out on a few cars smoking. in between the 2 groups are at least 4-5 doped up crackheads walking around knocking on peoples door asking for money or cigarettes. i hate living in these projects.
Fascinating descriptions. But is it really that bad where you live?

And if it really and truly is that bad, and if you really "hate living in these projects" so much ...

Why the hell don't you move?

Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_in_DC View Post
Great descriptions! With your literary skills, it seems like maybe you should become a writer or get a job with the Southern Pines Chamber of Commerce, rather than waste your time delivering pizza. First you told us all about current events in Southern Pines ...

... and then you elaborated with even more detail about Southern Pines social life ...

Fascinating descriptions. But is it really that bad where you live?

And if it really and truly is that bad, and if you really "hate living in these projects" so much ...

Why the hell don't you move?
i cant tell if youre being a smart ass or not, but i'd appreciate you cutting it out. the OP asked why the crime rate was so high and i am explaining. yes living in the projects are that bad. i havent moved because i cant afford anything else with 4 kids. 3 br apartment for $135 a month, where else can i go? please stop being a smartass just because i answered the questions in detail and dont have enough money to move.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 PM

203 posts, read 412,960 times
Quote:
i cant tell if youre being a smart ass or not, but i'd appreciate you cutting it out. the OP asked why the crime rate was so high and i am explaining. yes living in the projects are that bad. i havent moved because i cant afford anything else with 4 kids. 3 br apartment for $135 a month, where else can i go? please stop being a smartass just because i answered the questions in detail and dont have enough money to move.
Sorry, really wasn't trying to be a smart ass. Did appreciate completeness of your descriptions though. And now that you've explained a little more about your situation, I get your point.

I've been in a similar situation where I couldn't afford to live where I was, but couldn't afford to move either. That kind of situation seems to happen to a lot of folks these days.

Luckily I was able to borrow money to move out of this one place where we lived a few years ago after my wife almost got killed going to the laundry room in our building.

Used to love living in apartments. Now we don't ever want to live in an apartment again, anywhere, I don't give a damn how safe they say it is.

Take care of those kids. Maybe you can find a better place. Good luck.
Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina