Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM

100 posts, read 417,958 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if one must take the whole drivers test thingy or just vision or what? I hope it's not the stupid parking test! Will they reciprocate on another states valid license?
Thanks, fredda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 12:06 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
DMV testing in NC is a 4-parter. For most folks, the road test is waived for those who already have a current valid license issued by another state.

1. Vision
2. Traffic Sign Identification
3. Driving Knowledge (Written Test)
4. Driving Skills (Road Test)

Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 PM

58 posts, read 249,674 times
Anyone out there have a movement disorder, called Essential tremor, where your head may shake once in a while? Any trouble getting your liscence? I understand I may need a Dr's statement stating I am not a threat to myself or any other drivers..
Thanks for your feedback..

Old 08-08-2007, 01:17 PM

Smile Moved???

Thanks to all who answered my Qs. Dang, just another thing on the list.

Can anyone please tell me why this post was moved? Where should it have been posted? I thought it pertains to any n.c. area, that's why I put it where it was.
Thanks, fredda

Old 08-08-2007, 01:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Written test is pretty simple there a study guide in the second link that southernlady provided.

The eye test is the road signs. It good to review that due you may know what that signs means but not sure what it is called.

Best time to go is soon as they open and if possible choose to do it in a county that alot of people have not moved to. It can be done in any county. DMV and Tags are done at two different locations it the biggest complaint I read on these boards but it always been that way. My only assumption is to seperate the two crowds. It would be a total zoo otherwise.

Make sure you have the required documents, nothing is worse than waiting 2 hours to only find out you have to leave for that one document that they need.
This thread more than likely was moved due to it was a state related question vs an area subforum specific.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Smile Thanks Sunnykayak--

I appreciate your kindness. Happy to see my Q back on the big board. Maybe it can stay there awhile. I, personally, find it easier to relate to here, on this board, rather than a state site. I am sure there are others who feel the same way.
Thanks, fredda

Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Quote:
Anyone out there have a movement disorder, called Essential tremor, where your head may shake once in a while?
I have ET and it was not an issue...did not need a doctor's statement either. Liz

Old 08-08-2007, 04:02 PM

58 posts, read 249,674 times
Liz:
Do you have head or hand tremor form of ET? Is there any support groups ?
Thanks, I don't fear going to the DMV so much..So where would you suggest going, where there is less people? We haven't figured where we are going totally when we move, but will be between the Statesville and Charlotte Area; and son is moving to Denver area in September for a job transfer..We don't mind a drive, we are used to driving 15 minutes on up to get to things.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
go in the a.m in statesville that city should not be as crowded as the locations south of it second choice would be mocksville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina