Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2006, 03:19 PM

9 posts, read 70,438 times

Advertisements

What makes YOUR list of "Top 3 cities/towns in North Carolina to raise a family" & why???

Thanks for your insight-
T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2006, 10:24 AM

3 posts, read 24,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaLeaf View Post
What makes YOUR list of "Top 3 cities/towns in North Carolina to raise a family" & why???

Thanks for your insight-
T.
I would also like to know the top 3 cities/towns to raise a family in NC....
We are from NJ and really need some advice...

Old 09-01-2006, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 26,687 times
Wake Forest, Wake Forest, Wake Forest!

HI

I moved to Wake Forest in 2000 for a job, and found that it was a great place to raise a family. My family and I really love it there. One day I will move back.

Wake Forest has grown in the last 5 years. Great malls, eating establishments, and just plan old down-home customer service everywhere!

The infrastructure seems to be being built out to allow for future growth, but there are still parts of the Town of Wake Forest reminds me of the backdrop of "The Andy Griffith Show".

If you are looking for more information on relocation, you might want to talk to Roberta Cotton @ 919-676-4008. Roberta is a property manager serving Raleigh, Durham, and Wake Forest who manages a home I own in Wake Forest. If you are thinking about moving, you might want to rent for a while to check out where to purchase. A picture of the home is posted on the web @ [url]http://www.tcountee.com[/url]. Check it out.

Good luck!
Tim Countee

Old 09-01-2006, 12:46 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,551 times
You can't go wrong with pretty much all of this area to raise a family. I personally like North Raleigh,Cary,Apex,Holly Springs and Wake Forest. I moved from CT many years ago intending to stay just one year. Well needless to say it is 23 years later. My children faired really well, and still reside in the area. I have watched the area grow so much over the years, and understand why it is voted one of the best places to live or retire. One of the reasons why is people are really friendly here I find. I have never had a problem with anyone in all those 23 years. I have helped several NJ people relocate, as well as NYand Boston. The North seems to be moving South for some reason. Must be that tired of shoveling thing. I know I was. :-)

Old 09-01-2006, 12:57 PM

333 posts, read 1,201,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allycassy1 View Post
I would also like to know the top 3 cities/towns to raise a family in NC....
We are from NJ and really need some advice...
If money is no object I must say Cary is a good choice for a family
Pros and cons to any city but after visiting I have to say its like nirvana to raise kids there, schools seem quite good, its extremely safe, almost every community built late 80s or early 90s and after has communty centers, pools, tennis courts or some combination (some of the newer ones have these pretty big water slides to boot), lots of greenways for walking/biking, tons of families there, lots of restaurants and shopping all in the city limits, etc.

It is all a bit over the top planned but that can be good for some people and not so good for others. If you want to paint your house pink and green it might not be the town for you either

People in general are quite polite in any area of the Raleigh area as well, even in restaurants etc - it will be different than what you are used to in NJ.

People in the Charlotte forum seem to be very high on Fort Mills, SC as well which is just south of Charlotte (commuting distance) - as a family destination.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 17,418 times
No where they turn all the children into bible toters. Stay away.....be safe....go to Va where they are all lovers.

Nah its pretty much ok....except the chilren of the corn.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:24 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,036,436 times
I would say:

Chapel Hill - grew up there and really love it but can't afford to live there now!
Wake Forest - moved here a year ago and it is great for a family, small enough but has lots of conveniences
Greensboro: went to college there, great feel to that town. Have had lots of friends raising families there. it seems very family friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina