Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 PM

156 posts, read 309,466 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what are your favorite and least favorite things about living in NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,191 times
Love the mild winters.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,348 times
My favorite thing is the nice people closely followed by the large number of nice days.

My least favorite thing will require some thought, because I tend to not think about unfavorite things. Maybe the county government? Maybe the hottest days of summer. (I know, favorite thing is the weather, least favorite thing is the weather )

Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 PM

459 posts, read 699,034 times
Love the mild weather haaaaaaaaaaaaate allergies

Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Love the southern food and sweet tea (unhealthy as it is) and that great fall-off-the-bone barbeque chicken they make at fundraisers, love that in most places, even at work, people still pray and aren't one bit ashamed about it, love the pretty "almost Heaven" Autumn and Spring seasons, the Southern churches with steeples, and the open friendliness of most southern people.

Hate that the closing of the plants and mills has devastated the small towns, hate the ever increasing crime, poverty and welfare mentality and gap between haves and have nots that I see (I know, that's in many places now), hate the complete absence of snow in winter, and the horrible humid summers and the fire ants. I also hate the unquestioning allegience to certain conventional wisdoms and political beliefs in the small town I live in that just don't hold true anymore. No, I'm not a liberal by any means, but my gosh, sometimes you just have to turn off "Dancing with the Stars", get out of Wal-mart, and start thinking outside of the box a little bit, you know what I mean?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Oh forgot to add one thing I love about North Carolina, and something I missed dearly during my couple of years in Montana, and something I will miss dearly if I ever move away to somewhere else; WBT Radio out of Charlotte, NC, the Keith Larson show 9:00 to noon and the John Hancock show every everning from 6 - 9 PM, Monday thru Friday.

When I heard Hancocks' voice after arriving back here in North Carolina three years ago, that's when I knew I was really back in NC.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 PM

441 posts, read 1,487,596 times
I love that I was born and raised here. I hate that it's not what it use to be!
JMO

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Speaking as a transplant I like alot of things about NC....the quick trip to either the mountains or beach. The weather....I also get along w/everyone so I've made a ton of friends native and transplant alike...

Things I don't like...too much fried unhealthy food. Don't get me wrong, I love a good BBQ plate, but its very difficult to get some healthy options....Cost of living is expensive. You get taxed to death and the gas prices are higher here than anywhere else in the southeast....

There are other things I like and don't but that's all my brain could think of right now...

Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Love the weather.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 AM

24 posts, read 35,437 times
Hate the weather, don't like the people, traffic here is worse than New York unlike 8 years ago where there was 1 car every 10 minutes, now forget it, I can't even get out of my neighborhood because my kind is moving to this lousy state, so the "laid back" lifestyles that everyone says it is can be kissed good bye soon. Might as well move to FL or some other state that prepared for a big growth, no reason to live here anymore, the cost of living will go up anyway so what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina