Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM

162 posts, read 460,817 times

Advertisements

We've had our 24 foot boat on Kerr Lake for 8 years and there was only a problem with low water one summer. Otherwise, we never had a problem with the boat or the lake. There are plenty of larger boats and jet skis on that lake and I assume they're not having problems either since they're tooling around up there. Satterwhite Point Marina is on Kerr Lake and they are a great resource for information if you want to check further. Satterwhite Point Marina on Kerr Lake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 AM

460 posts, read 1,017,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I was going to recommend this lake as well, High Rock Lake you will probably find a home in your price range. I would suggest Lake homes on the Rowan County side due to it is near Salisbury with it's historic downtown so your mom could be happy. Downtown Salisbury Inc.
Also near the lake is Dan Nicolas Park. DanNicholasPark.org, Salisbury, NC - Your Best Entertainment Bargain!
Restaurants in the downtown I highly recommend is Sweet Meadow Cafe and La Cava.

I found this site to look at homes that is permitted on this forum since it doesnt go to one specif realtor is
real estate, lakefront properties, lake property, lake homes for sale, waterfront properties, lakefront, waterfront

Badin Lake would be my other choice near the town of Troy.

Awesome! Thanks so much!! I will check them out.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 AM

460 posts, read 1,017,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm_walters View Post
We've had our 24 foot boat on Kerr Lake for 8 years and there was only a problem with low water one summer. Otherwise, we never had a problem with the boat or the lake. There are plenty of larger boats and jet skis on that lake and I assume they're not having problems either since they're tooling around up there. Satterwhite Point Marina is on Kerr Lake and they are a great resource for information if you want to check further. Satterwhite Point Marina on Kerr Lake
Good to know! Thanks again!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM

71 posts, read 111,595 times
Lake Norman or Lake Wylie...Lake Tillery is pretty but in the middle of no where, kinda boring. Lake Norman has all the conforts of town, which of course makes it more expensive. Lake Wylie is futher away but its a decent size lake and you can get more bang for your buck property wise. Lake Johnson in RDU is more like a big pond then a lake. MB is alot of fun if your in the right area, tons of golf communities and the beach. Sounds like they would be happy in a nice patio home on a golf course close to the beach and boardwalk type places you mentioned. However, the traffic in MB during the tourist season is ridiculous, they might end up never leaving the house because its such a pain in the butt to get anywhere.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:08 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasershen111 View Post
I'm looking for great places relatively close to the Raleigh/Cary area (relatively close meaning... with in a couple hours), for my parents to retire. I think they would prefer a Lake House if possible, where their future grand kids can boat, jet ski, swim, and all that fun stuff.

Any suggestions? It would probably be best for them to be at least around 20 or so minutes from a small town where they can do their shopping and probably where a hospital is etc. My Mom really likes little towns, antique shops, colonial stuff, etc. But that isn't really a priority - just a little background. My Dad just would like the water I think.

Any info or experiences you have would be very helpful! Where are your parents retired? How do they like it?

(also... I think the in-laws would like living in a neighborhood near or on a golf course... but I think they like the "board walk" atmosphere.. so I was thinking Myrtle beach area might be better for them)
Perfect little retirement home only eight miles from Pinehurst with it's fine First Health medical facility.
If I didn't already have a home I would be buying this one.Foxfire golf resort 5 minutes down the road.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...1_M67960-23543
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina