Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 01:33 PM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That's where the educated people live, guess the green is for the pasture land of the sheeple that can't or won't think for themselves

lol

Old 05-25-2012, 01:35 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooresboro View Post
How can you even compare this to the civil rights act? This is a whole different issue, gay people marrying is just morally wrong and it's that simple, its obvious the majority of North Carolinian's AND citizens of this country agree with me. Political correctness has spiraled way out of control.
The bible justified slavery & making women (of all colors) property. You don't have to be liberal to know that. Further more, liberals didn't bring this up. Republicans brought it up to distract from their total failure on jobs.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:39 PM

40 posts, read 177,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The bible justified slavery & making women (of all colors) property. You don't have to be liberal to know that.
Have you noticed i haven't mentioned the bible once? So i don't really understand what you're trying to justify with that statement but if you're trying to make yourself feel superior and justified go right ahead it doesn't bother me.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:41 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Have you noticed i haven't mentioned the bible once? So i don't really understand what you're trying to justify with that statement but if you're trying to make yourself feel superior and justified go right ahead it doesn't bother me.
Remember, liberals did not bring this up. Republicans did.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
So what are you trying to say, That every single republican makes their decisions based solely on the bible?

Edit: Ok, i think i understand what you're trying to do.... You don't know what to say so you're going to bring up the bible in an attempt to make me and other Christians look bad and make yourself look good, right?

It's not even worth debating you anymore.. Next.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
The topic would have never been brought up in the first place if it wasn't for you liberals and you're political correctness.
She responding to the idea you was blaming liberals bringing it up when it fact it was the opposite.

Quote:

Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 PM

82 posts, read 176,177 times
Quote:
How can you even compare this to the civil rights act? This is a whole different issue, gay people marrying is just morally wrong and it's that simple, its obvious the majority of North Carolinian's AND citizens of this country agree with me. Political correctness has spiraled way out of control.
Obviously you believe that being gay is a choice, much like choosing what color car to drive and what combo to order at McDonalds. It never occurs to you investigate what science has to say about the matter , or what gay people themselves have to say about the topic because none of that matters when you already know all the answers. They were conveniently written down for you in a seemingly infallible book years ago by men with the same fears and ignorance that you have.

Why would anyone knowingly choose to be hated and discriminated against on a constant basis? Because it's fun to be different and to be denied the right to marry someone you love?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogTiger View Post
Obviously you believe that being gay is a choice, much like choosing what color car to drive and what combo to order at McDonalds. It never occurs to you investigate what science has to say about the matter , or what gay people themselves have to say about the topic because none of that matters when you already know all the answers. They were conveniently written down for you in a seemingly infallible book years ago by men with the same fears and ignorance that you have.

Why would anyone knowingly choose to be hated and discriminated against on a constant basis? Because it's fun to be different and to be denied the right to marry someone you love?
To show animals in gay behavior is not proof that it is natural. You would have to prove that the animal are not choosing to be gay.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
Quote:
To show animals in gay behavior is not proof that it is natural. You would have to prove that the animal are not choosing to be gay.
Watch out folks, this guy is a sharp one!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:17 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
You can fill your head with all the excuses you want, but i am positive that if every single North Carolinian in the state would have voted on the issue the percentage voting for amendment one would be even higher.
Yep, a state full of bigoted stupid people. The rednecks that are holding this state down would vote for segregation if that hadn't been outlawed, as with this bible based ignorance, stupidity and blatantly stupid hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina