Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooresboro View Post
To show animals in gay behavior is not proof that it is natural. You would have to prove that the animal are not choosing to be gay.
Here is your proof that people and animals are born gay

Two male penquins have been living together for six years and this week they have become adoptive parents
Gay penguin couple given their own egg to rear -

What does this have to do with
Quote:
Us native North Carolinians have been more than welcoming to all the transplants moving here, but it's about time we start putting our foot down when you come to our home state and try to change everything we believe in and stand for.

Did you really expect us to vote in favor of gay marriage?

Old 05-25-2012, 02:20 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
To show animals in gay behavior is not proof that it is natural. You would have to prove that the animal are not choosing to be gay.
Why have you chosen this time and place to embarrass yourself and prove beyond any doubt your ignorance?

Anyway, you're wrong
List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-25-2012, 02:25 PM

40 posts, read 177,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Here is your proof that people and animals are born gay

Two male penquins have been living together for six years and this week they have become adoptive parents
Gay penguin couple given their own egg to rear -

What does this have to do with
I'm done debating for today because i have to go to work, but i'm just going to point out where i stand on the issue of gay marriage.

I don't care if you're gay, just keep it to yourself and quit trying to change traditional marriage which is and always will be between a man and a woman.

If they came up with something else that wasn't marriage that gave the gays the same rights as married couples then i wouldn't have such an opposition towards it.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:30 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
So what are you trying to say, That every single republican makes their decisions based solely on the bible?

Edit: Ok, i think i understand what you're trying to do.... You don't know what to say so you're going to bring up the bible in an attempt to make me and other Christians look bad and make yourself look good, right?

It's not even worth debating you anymore.. Next.
I know quite well, what to say. You asked about the connection to civil rights for blacks & women, I gave it to you. The same reason is quoted repeatedly by the religious right in other threads on this subject, on this board.

I'm a female, old enough to have been legally disciminated against, openly. I'm unaffiliated & moderate, & even though it's none of your business, heterosexual. I have no dog in this fight, but I know what it's like.

You started this thread off, self-righteously blaming transplants for being the need for this amendment. There was no need. The Republicans just don't want you to thinkk about their failure to do a thing about jobs. I split my vote in 2010. The Republicans didn't impress me. Apparently, they have impressed few in Cleveland county. The Shelby Star published the registration numbers & the County is now distinctly Democratic.

This article verifies that the county commisioners blew the Electrolux plant. They wanted it out in Shelby to be easier for you & your neighbors to get to. There's so much land up for sale (by natives) in Kings Mountain that they could have just about thrown darts at a map to pick a place. 1200 jobs that didn't come here. . . Enjoy, be proud, but I want my town to succeed. This amendment will not be a plus for jobs.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...rial-park.html

Last edited by southbound_295; 05-25-2012 at 02:44 PM..

Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:
I'm done debating for today because i have to go to work, but i'm just going to point out where i stand on the issue of gay marriage.

I don't care if you're gay, just keep it to yourself and quit trying to change traditional marriage which is and always will be between a man and a woman.

If they came up with something else that wasn't marriage that gave the gays the same rights as married couples then i wouldn't have such an opposition towards it.
See no one was trying to change marriage in this state. As pointed out earlier the educated counties voted against because they knew it also barred civil unions and domestic partnership which you just stated you was ok with.
Now straight as well as gay couples who recieved domestic partership benefits through there goverment jobs in some counties will loose there benefits.

Its the republicans who brought this issue up to mask that they have done nothing to create jobs. Gays in this state was not seeking marriage as we was educated to know there was already a redundant law.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:39 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,156,722 times
Quote:
I'm done debating for today because i have to go to work...
Going to work on that fence, I assume?

Old 05-25-2012, 02:41 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
[quote=Mooresboro;24463014]I'm done debating for today because i have to go to work, but i'm just going to point out where i stand on the issue of gay marriage.

If they came up with something else that wasn't marriage that gave the gays the same rights as married couples then i wouldn't have such an opposition towards it.[/quote]

They did. Civil Unions were made illegal by Amendment One. Again, nice going.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:

Hello you say one thing but do the exact opposite.

This was not a vote FOR gay marriage, it was a vote to discriminate against a significant number of people that cause you no harm at all.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-25-2012 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 05-25-2012, 03:36 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,209,554 times
I hope you all realize that a wake-up call happened the day Amend. 1 passed. You need to get out and vote. The money coming into NC by the hard Right needs to be out worked. We cannot allow money to buy off voters.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yep, a state full of bigoted stupid people. The rednecks that are holding this state down would vote for segregation if that hadn't been outlawed, as with this bible based ignorance, stupidity and blatantly stupid hatred.
I just have to laugh at some of your posts. You have so much hate. You throw the term bigot around like nobody's business, but yet continually call people derogatory names. Seriously your like a magazine rack. You have issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina