Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 05:49 PM

6 posts, read 14,478 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with New Century International Elementary school? I told my real estate agent we wanted to look in the Jack Britt district and a lot of the properties are associated with that elementary school. Seems like it's relatively new but gets good reviews. Someone else mentioned to me that it was in the Jack Britt district "for now" so I'm wondering if that means it won't be in the future? Thanks for any info,
Emily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 10:59 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temily View Post
Does anyone have any experience with New Century International Elementary school? I told my real estate agent we wanted to look in the Jack Britt district and a lot of the properties are associated with that elementary school. Seems like it's relatively new but gets good reviews. Someone else mentioned to me that it was in the Jack Britt district "for now" so I'm wondering if that means it won't be in the future? Thanks for any info,
Emily
It was built just a few years ago. Here's the school's website:
New Century International Elementary School

And the New Century Middle School (which it feeds) is also new. Chinese is part of the standard curriculum.
New Century International Middle School

They can feed into Jack Britt, but they are also within the Seventy-First high school district. Your school district is determined by your address. And you have to take into account that as this part of the county grows, there is always the possibility that a new high school might eventually be built.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:38 PM

6 posts, read 14,478 times
I see. So I guess I'm wondering about resale values. Seems like everyone likes the "Jack Britt" district, so I would think for resale potential it'd be good to be within that area. We're military so will only be in the area for about 4 years. I just want to buy a house that's in a popular area with good schools. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temily View Post
I see. So I guess I'm wondering about resale values. Seems like everyone likes the "Jack Britt" district, so I would think for resale potential it'd be good to be within that area. We're military so will only be in the area for about 4 years. I just want to buy a house that's in a popular area with good schools. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!
Yeah, Jack Britt is very popular (I have a junior and a freshman there this year), and the area is growing like wildfire. There are a lot of homes going up, a couple of shopping centers have been built, we're slated to get a section of I295 build in the next decade or so....

I real estate agent could probably give you sound advice on resale potential though. I grew up in this area, and remember when it was still fairly rural.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:14 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,615 times
My advice is better to buy close to the school, less risk of rezoning. I foresee Jack Britt remaining popular for the near future. So it would be a sound choice for resale. Reselling now is tough with all the competition from new construction. My most honest advice is to buy at a price point that will allow you to rent the property at a price above your mortgage payment when you PCS. It is not hard to do but your agent should provide you with that data and let you know the prevailing rent rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: