Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:37 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,596,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
This begs the question. No, people do not like the Republican agenda. However, it doesn't necessarily follow that they like the Democratic agenda any better. I know that I, for one, am pretty much fed up with both sides.
One would think after getting majority for the first time in 100+ years they would want to cement that by taking care of the needs of the people. Not these boneheads, it's business as usual; different party name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM

910 posts, read 1,321,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
This begs the question. No, people do not like the Republican agenda. However, it doesn't necessarily follow that they like the Democratic agenda any better. I know that I, for one, am pretty much fed up with both sides.
That's assuming the NC Democratic party even has an agenda at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
One would think after getting majority for the first time in 100+ years they would want to cement that by taking care of the needs of the people. Not these boneheads, it's business as usual; different party name.
Well they've certainly put in a fair bit of effort to cement their position for a few years at least, though it has nothing to do with addressing any actual issues the state faces.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,023,799 times
What issues are people for or against exactly?

I am for a repeal of the state income tax, at 7.5% its pretty darn high!

Let them levy the sales tax on food IMO. Go GOP!!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,609,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
What issues are people for or against exactly?

I am for a repeal of the state income tax, at 7.5% its pretty darn high!

Let them levy the sales tax on food IMO. Go GOP!!
I guess you havent been following the news that could possibly going up and include about every type of service you may partake in from Insurance, hair cuts, car wash, dental and over 180 more type ervices will have this tax and one site mention when income tax is removed the sales tax could go up to 12.5.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,023,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I guess you havent been following the news that could possibly going up and include about every type of service you may partake in from Insurance, hair cuts, car wash, dental and over 180 more type ervices will have this tax and one site mention when income tax is removed the sales tax could go up to 12.5.
Maybe they will also cut spending. Also you have to figure that about 45% of the population doesn't work and the ones making less than 15K don't pay anything.

So it just will shift the taxes to those who aren't paying anything.

My point is its good for those with a job and bad for the moochers who don't pay anything. Simple math and I'm in favor because I have a job.

I'm tired of supporting people who don't pay their fair share!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 PM

910 posts, read 1,321,664 times
Quote:
Maybe they will also cut spending.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that. McCrory's budget is about 1% less than Perdue's final budget, going up to over $21 billion next fiscal year. Everything that can be cut without running up against federal regulations has already been cut.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:39 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,174,738 times
Quote:
Maybe they will also cut spending. Also you have to figure that about 45% of the population doesn't work and the ones making less than 15K don't pay anything.

So it just will shift the taxes to those who aren't paying anything.

My point is its good for those with a job and bad for the moochers who don't pay anything. Simple math and I'm in favor because I have a job.

I'm tired of supporting people who don't pay their fair share!

You sound like a great-hearted individual. Let's pile it on the poor people, and those who happen to be down on their luck. Surely those people making less than $15K have plenty of extra cash sitting around, so they should chip in a lot more so people like us who make a comfortable living can buy more boats and vacation houses. I bet you have a front-row seat in church every Sunday, don't you?

Old 04-26-2013, 05:57 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,556,886 times
[quote=Randomstudent;29249668]Interestingly enough the state religion bill appears to be the most popular proposal they have had so far.

The liberal democratic news media, as always, trying to dictate our thought process. NC voted for a change of political direction, one by the way, that is way overdue. The dem's jacked us up for over a 100 years - it was bankrupting and killing our state. So, you want more of the past? Time to wake up and see the big picture. We can't sustain the previous direction. We Can't Financially Sustain then it's time to change the business model.

NC needs to fix its broken government. NC needs a Great Economy again. Social issues should be our last priority at this point. Sorry, but I have had enough of liberal dems killing our business.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:00 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,556,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
You sound like a great-hearted individual. Let's pile it on the poor people, and those who happen to be down on their luck. Surely those people making less than $15K have plenty of extra cash sitting around, so they should chip in a lot more so people like us who make a comfortable living can buy more boats and vacation houses. I bet you have a front-row seat in church every Sunday, don't you?
Why don't we get the poor people out of poverty instead of devising ways of keeping them in poverty?

Old 04-26-2013, 06:09 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,174,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Why don't we get the poor people out of poverty instead of devising ways of keeping them in poverty?

Sure, jacking up sales taxes is a great way to do that, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: