Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,069 times

Advertisements

wow finding a rental in or near swan quarter, nc is impossible. My husband has been working there for about a year now staying in a camper during the week and driving home for the weekends. three hour drive. we are trying to relocate our family there. I have been there several times, searched all over the internet, checked newspapers, even called the chamber in swan quarter. Seems like it shouldn't be this difficult to find a 3 bedroom rental. can anyone offer some help or advice please???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 05:11 AM

910 posts, read 1,322,423 times
You might want to look a little further out toward Belhaven or even Plymouth or Washington.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:46 AM

3,088 posts, read 4,894,694 times
Most rental homes in this area end up being rented by someone the owner knows or staying within the family. There is no reason for owners to go through the internet sites or publishings.

Swan Quarter is a very small place so there are not many homes...as well much of the area around Swan Quarter flooded during Hurricane Irene and available homes were used up locally by those that needed to repair their homes from flooding.

Belhaven is certainly an option but if you want to get into the Hyde Co schools you need to stay in Hyde County. I would suggest expanding your search beyond Swan Quarter to Fairfield and the Mattamuskeet area and I would suggest contacting the Hyde County Planning & Economic Development office for help in identifying potential units.

The other possibility is to live in the Bath area, which has a good school K-8 and then let your husband commute from there...personally I would pick Bath over Belhaven and drive a few more minutes. If your husband works at the Hyde Co prison or in Swan Quarter it would be about 45 minutes from Bath. Always remember that living in Swan Quarter will require travel out of the county for medical/shopping etc...so driving will happen either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina