Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2006, 05:26 PM

362 posts, read 995,339 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone we are trying to relocate to NC, were searching the Charlotte area, visited in Aug. My husband just found out he didn't get the job he was interviewing for, unfortunately overqualified. Over the past year he has worked with a search firm here in NY who has some connections to NC. He sent out his resume to about 25 search firms there and received only 2 responses, the standard will keep it on file. He has networked with everyone he knows. Always checking out the online search sites ala Monster etc. He has 25 years experience in Human Resources, has worked for major coprporations. With 2 kids one of which is 1 1/2 year away from going to college we are not comfortable with moving first and finding job later. Does anybody have any suggestions to what else he can do? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2006, 05:58 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
There was a really good thread that wies had typed up I believe that gives pointers and ideas about finding a job outside the state. If you od a search on the forum you should be able to find it fairly easy.

Good Luck

Old 10-15-2006, 06:34 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
I know some people rent out P.O. boxes in Charlotte so it looks like person is local. I also know some headhunter contacts in IT and financial areas -- just PM me if you would like their contact information. Good luck in your search

Old 10-15-2006, 06:41 PM

463 posts, read 1,651,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
There was a really good thread that wies had typed up I believe that gives pointers and ideas about finding a job outside the state. If you od a search on the forum you should be able to find it fairly easy.

Good Luck
Hi Charlotte Agent. The poster won't find it doing a forum search under "wies." That's because the member name is Weis02. Here's one post though.

(Didn't have time to look through them all. She does indeed have some helpful information to share, tho.)

Regards,

Cassie

http://www.headhuntersdirectory.com/USA/jobs_careers_in/North_Carolina/Charlotte.htm (broken link)

To the original poster, cut between the URL's and paste into your browser.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 10-15-2006 at 07:35 PM..

Old 10-15-2006, 07:22 PM

362 posts, read 995,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Hi Charlotte Agent. The poster won't find it doing a forum search under "wies." That's because the member name is Weis2. Here's one post though.

(Didn't have time to look through them all. She does indeed have some helpful information to share, tho.)

Regards,

Cassie

http://www.headhuntersdirectory.com/USA/jobs_careers_in/North_Carolina/Charlotte.htm (broken link)

To the original poster, cut between the URL's and paste into your browser.

Regards,

Cassie
Thank you for your reply. I am embarrased to say I am completely computer illiterate and new to this forum. How do I do a forum search on Weis2? Checked out the head hunters directory and saw the search firms. I do remember some of the names that my husband already contacted but maybe we will just contact again.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:24 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
its actually weis02..........

Old 10-15-2006, 07:58 PM

463 posts, read 1,651,335 times
Default Charlotte Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
its actually weis02..........
Hi Charlotte Agent,

Could you please explain to the poster how to do a forum search and/or send an e-mail to Weis02? My dogs need to go out to potty. Badly.

Thanks so much!

Regards,

Cassie

Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,916 times
Cassie - Send me his resume - we have some things going on in that area. Thanks
Tiffany
tiffanyk@mulberrygroup.com
Mulberry Search, Inc.
High Point, NC
"Experts in Talent Delivery"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina