Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:15 AM

15 posts, read 61,970 times

Advertisements

[quote=dee2south;2169974]"Now, I stand to make a little more money than if I'd sold it myself and will be able to avoid closing costs and Realtors' fees and all that", that doesn't sound so bad in the scheme of things.
quote]

Yeah, I know -- I keep hearing that and I agree that helps. I'm not saying I'm against making money -- I just feel like I was lied to. And the fact is that I didn't buy my house for investment purposes -- I bought it to be my home, and it's my first one. Plus I spent MONTHS looking for it and I love it, the location, everything. The bottom line is that if I had known I was going to have to pack everything back up, move out, and start the entire process over again in 8 months, I never would have bought it in the first place b/c like I said, that's not what I was looking for. But yeah, I am agriest at the seller. I'm not really looking to take legal action either way -- I guess I just wanted to know the facts and my rights for my own well-being.

And the place is in Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:42 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Get yourself to a Real Estate Attorney ASAP.

Good Luck!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:42 PM

50 posts, read 239,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Get yourself to a Real Estate Attorney ASAP.

Good Luck!
Excuse me, but why should he pay legal expenses on top of what he has already paid? My suggestion, go back and look at all your paperwork, take it to the settlement attorney, who performed the transaction, you have already paid him, do not incur any additional expenses. Present him with what is taking place now, you still haven't told us if this a fact or is it just a rumor? Have you contacted the HOA, you are paying them dues? right, so they have a legal responsibility to you, to supply you with what is taking place, and what is going to take place in the future? The more facts you gather the better position you will find yourself in, and ultimately will have a better peace of mind. So sorry to hear this is happening, I can still remember the day I bought my very first property. Please view this as a business transaction at the moment, and try to separate the emotion away from it. Do not incur, I repeat, do not incur any more expenses, until you have researched this to the best of your ability. In the meantime, please be thankful you have a roof over your head, there are many, who have lost theirs, through no fault of their own.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 726 times
Wink Need 100% OK be the hold out or

explain your damages.

YES everyone did wrong.

R E commission seldom is useful... they need the money and courts award damages if you can show damages. You will profit and as far as your move.... force the issue and make the buyer pay for your move or you will not play.

Betcha in a private meeting, with you, the only hold out, they will make it worth your while many times over.

Next time meet and greet the homeowners assn and READ the C C & R's which can and do change from day to day.

Condos and PUD's can be difficult as has been seen year after year... and double trouble with many forclosures. I avoid them as I do private deed restrictions.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:37 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson2624 View Post
explain your damages.

YES everyone did wrong.

R E commission seldom is useful... they need the money and courts award damages if you can show damages. You will profit and as far as your move.... force the issue and make the buyer pay for your move or you will not play.

Betcha in a private meeting, with you, the only hold out, they will make it worth your while many times over.

Next time meet and greet the homeowners assn and READ the C C & R's which can and do change from day to day.

Condos and PUD's can be difficult as has been seen year after year... and double trouble with many forclosures. I avoid them as I do private deed restrictions.
EXCELLENT advice! I'll bet the OP could've used that advice 7 years ago!

Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 AM

8 posts, read 12,337 times
I just wanted to get what info I could from anyone else.http://weber.ninecomputer.com/1.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina