Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2006, 12:46 PM

14 posts, read 39,347 times

Advertisements

what area of the state is good for this work. My husband works in the field and I work as an Asst Project Manager.

Where would we begin to look for this type of work? Any company names you could recommend? Right now we build mostly schools, libraries, commuity centers, etc. - prevailing wage work.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2006, 01:01 PM

21 posts, read 134,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
what area of the state is good for this work. My husband works in the field and I work as an Asst Project Manager.

Where would we begin to look for this type of work? Any company names you could recommend? Right now we build mostly schools, libraries, commuity centers, etc. - prevailing wage work.

Thanks,
I work in this industry too. You will definitely want to move near or in the triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill); preferrably the Raleigh area.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:03 PM

14 posts, read 39,347 times
Default Hi John

Do you know about what the pay scale is for the field and/or office in that industry in Raleigh?

We are coming in April for a visit to check it out. Do you have the names of some of the construction outfits in town?

Thanks a bunch.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:12 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,341,422 times
Quote:
Do you know about what the pay scale is for the field and/or office in that industry in Raleigh?

We are coming in April for a visit to check it out. Do you have the names of some of the construction outfits in town?

Thanks a bunch.
Go to the state website www.nc.gov, the Raleigh nNews and Observer is online. Have at it.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
Quote:

Thanks,
NC doesnt have a prevailing wage law.

My husband is a project Manager and he couldnt find work over 50,000.00 a year.
There is Centex in Charlotte, you need atleast 5 years with a BS. they are commerical
and in Durham there is Nycom, they are mostly k-12 go to monster.com I found one at news and observer for you it is Andujar Construction in Charlotte, 4 yr degree needed and it pays $30,000.00 forcommercial

Old 10-25-2006, 05:37 PM

21 posts, read 134,998 times
Are you looking for primarily commercial, residential, or both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina