Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2006, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,611 times

Advertisements

Live in Tampa now and want to relocate to an area where the economy thrives. I like what I have read of these two area's and it seems that the cost of living is much lower. My question would be ...Could a Master Plumber expect to be able to find work in these area's without much trouble? Do the economys lend themselves to blue collar workers? Is there an area that a native would recommend over these? Looking for a county where the communitys are nice and a small businessman can thrive through honost work. Don't want to raise my daughters in what I can only construe as rap culture. I want a small town feel but able to commute to larger based communitys that inherently have an abundance of plumbing issues. Any input would be greatful....... Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2006, 02:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliwood33 View Post
Live in Tampa now and want to relocate to an area where the economy thrives. I like what I have read of these two area's and it seems that the cost of living is much lower. My question would be ...Could a Master Plumber expect to be able to find work in these area's without much trouble? Do the economys lend themselves to blue collar workers? Is there an area that a native would recommend over these? Looking for a county where the communitys are nice and a small businessman can thrive through honost work. Don't want to raise my daughters in what I can only construe as rap culture. I want a small town feel but able to commute to larger based communitys that inherently have an abundance of plumbing issues. Any input would be greatful....... Michael

HI Plumber Just my 2 cents worth - avoid Shelby - too much crime there and not the best for your girls. Look a bit up the road at Hendersonville. With its proxemity to Asheville I would think a good plumber could definitely find work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina