Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:53 PM

319 posts, read 347,023 times

Advertisements

The low level of analysis here is astounding. This isn't about bathrooms. It's about hate. Promoting hate and fear. Bathrooms are easily transformed to gender neutral. Ever been to a Starbucks? Somehow the rest of the country has figured this out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 06:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,552,457 times
This thread is about Title IX, and that link has nothing about Title IX.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasallyttle View Post
The low level of analysis here is astounding. This isn't about bathrooms. It's about hate. Promoting hate and fear. Bathrooms are easily transformed to gender neutral. Ever been to a Starbucks? Somehow the rest of the country has figured this out...
The only hate here is against mother's and their children. I hate the thoughts of children being brought up in such a mentally unbalanced world.

No reason to go to Starbucks and buy overpriced coffee.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:00 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This thread is about Title IX, and that link has nothing about Title IX.
That law is the reason we are being threatened with losing money from Title IX?? I think it is time to do away with the national school control. Charlotte really opened up a can of worms with this one. Can't wait to hear the screaming when their funds go away because of their PC law.

Last edited by NCN; 03-31-2016 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-31-2016, 08:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,552,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That law is the reason we are being threatened with losing money from Title IX?? I think it is time to do away with the national school control. Charlotte really opened up a can of worms with this one. Can't wait to hear the screaming when their funds go away because of their PC law.
Right because of this law as it goes against what is stated in Title X
Quote:
"All students, including transgender students and students who do not conform to sex stereotypes, are protected from sex-based discrimination under Title IX," the memo reads. "Under Title IX, a recipient generally must treat transgender students consistent with their gender identity in all aspects of the planning, implementation, enrollment, operation, and evaluation of single-sex classes."
I think its a beautiful thing as transgender youth need a safe place to 'go' It already a confusing time for them and I think cities are legal within there bounds and the original Charlotte ordianance would had complied with Title XI

I am for HB2 on other parts due to state rights, However I believe schools should provide safe environments including a private unisex changing-bathroom.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:38 PM

7,828 posts, read 4,574,879 times
Default US Department of Justice has spoken

HB2 violates U.S. Civil Rights Act.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local...f2de9dc83.html

Part of letter to McCrory from US Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General:

“Please advise the department, therefore, no later than the close of business on May 9, 2016, whether you will remedy these violations of Title VII including by confirming that the state will not comply with or implement HB2...."

Guess Pat better cancel those weekend plans watching the Derby and sipping Mint Juleps with Art Pope.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:57 PM

599 posts, read 402,262 times
Yep was just about to post this but you beat me to it! I would have never signed this bill into law and I am a Republican. For goodness sake the party that is suppose to be for small government has to intervene on a municipalities decision.

I do wish the Charlotte City Council would have placed this non discrimination proposal to the voters like they did in Houston as this is such a controversial issue that I believe the people should have had the say.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:14 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,839,064 times
I don't see how McCrory is gonna dig himself out of this one.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:15 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,251,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Yep was just about to post this but you beat me to it! I would have never signed this bill into law and I am a Republican. For goodness sake the party that is suppose to be for small government has to intervene on a municipalities decision.

I do wish the Charlotte City Council would have placed this non discrimination proposal to the voters like they did in Houston as this is such a controversial issue that I believe the people should have had the say.
The people had their say...they voted in the current city council members and mayor, did they not? They are supposed to represent the people.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:28 PM

530 posts, read 638,493 times
Thank goodness it seems this will finally be over. But it is incredibly embarrassing that North Carolina had to get slapped by federal government. It's as if it is the 60s all over again, the Feds having to step in and force backward state governments to respect human rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina