Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:32 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I don't see how McCrory is gonna dig himself out of this one.
He more or less already had an opportunity when the Fourth Circuit court made their ruling a few weeks ago.
Some kids never learn...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 03:38 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Like I said in the other thread....this was bad government.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:39 PM

605 posts, read 805,096 times
Do you think the GA will actually comply? Defiant self destruction is the name
of the game.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:40 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
The people had their say...they voted in the current city council members and mayor, did they not? They are supposed to represent the people.

Exactly. The biggest issue was the streetcar. The second was the ordinance for some council members newly voted in. 3rd was about police safety and after school programs.

Still... The biggest gripe is Raleigh certainly needs to let the cities control their own destinies on multiple issues from taxation, to local housing ordinances.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:42 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Exactly. The biggest issue was the streetcar. The second was the ordinance for some council members newly voted in. 3rd was about police safety and after school programs.

Still... The biggest gripe is Raleigh certainly needs to let the cities control their own destinies on multiple issues from taxation, to local housing ordinances.
How about annexation?

Old 05-04-2016, 03:43 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,924 times
So the justice department has ruled that gender and gender identity are the same thing. Does this mean that Rachel Dolezal is now officially African American? Race and racial identity must be interchangeable as well, right?

Old 05-04-2016, 03:44 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Highlights:

The department gave state officials until Monday to address the situation “by confirming that the State will not comply with or implement HB2.”

What's at stake?

If that determination is upheld, North Carolina could lose millions in federal school funding. During the current school year, state public schools received $861 million in federal funding.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:46 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Do you think the GA will actually comply? Defiant self destruction is the name
of the game.
Seems unlikely but depending on how the comply order was written, if McCrory's name was specifically written in the complaint (which from what I understand it was) Pat personally better be lawyering up pronto. Not the way you want to go into an election...
My bet is the GA leaves him hanging in the wind. "Sorry Pat, you now know what the term useful idiot means"

Old 05-04-2016, 03:47 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Any shred of credibility Pat McCrory had is now gone. His chances of being re-elected in November are about as good as my chances of being picked for VP by both Clinton and Trump! I now know that the term "moderate Republican" is an oxymoron in this state, given the neanderthal mindset of the general assembly.

They're still using the bathroom arguement to support HB2. Why haven't I read any horror stories from the 17 states that have laws like the Charlotte proposals? Could it be there is nothing to report in the way of straight men dressing up as women to rape and pillage in the ladies room in these other states and large cities? Maybe the assembly's fears speak more to their unconscious mindset. They are the ones who want to dress up as women and ravage 14 year old girls in the ladies bathroom.

Governor Doofus better wise up and fast, because the Feds can dry up funds to NC in short order and I don't think the "rainy day fund" money can cover Title IX and Title VII costs for too long! It time for Pat to pack it in and join the ever-growing collection of "former forgotten and incompetent" Governors of NC. That's right Pat ... stand right next to Bev and Mike! You'll fit right in!

Old 05-04-2016, 03:57 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Any shred of credibility Pat McCrory had is now gone. His chances of being re-elected in November are about as good as my chances of being picked for VP by both Clinton and Trump! I now know that the term "moderate Republican" is an oxymoron in this state, given the neanderthal mindset of the general assembly.

They're still using the bathroom arguement to support HB2. Why haven't I read any horror stories from the 17 states that have laws like the Charlotte proposals? Could it be there is nothing to report in the way of straight men dressing up as women to rape and pillage in the ladies room in these other states and large cities? Maybe the assembly's fears speak more to their unconscious mindset. They are the ones who want to dress up as women and ravage 14 year old girls in the ladies bathroom.

Governor Doofus better wise up and fast, because the Feds can dry up funds to NC in short order and I don't think the "rainy day fund" money can cover Title IX and Title VII costs for too long! It time for Pat to pack it in and join the ever-growing collection of "former forgotten and incompetent" Governors of NC. That's right Pat ... stand right next to Bev and Mike! You'll fit right in!
The bathroom component is the specific part the DOJ ruled against. If they take that out, they could keep the parts you say are the real problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina