Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 09:33 PM

36 posts, read 49,147 times

Advertisements

i'm from fayetteville and i've pretty much lived there the majority of my life. my parents were born there and were in the military and both chose to stay after retiring from the military. it depends on what part you're comfortable with. i lived in north fayetteville, the pine forest area so that's mostly what i know. i hated living there but that was only because i grew up and wanted to live elsewhere. now that i live elsewhere, i wish i could go back lol or at least visit more often. i left in 2015 and in just the past year and half, they've built so much new stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 10:50 AM

18 posts, read 31,005 times
Live in Southern Pines or Aberdeen and commute.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:03 PM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times
In the Cape Fear district, you can get more bang for your buck. We have a transient population on this side of the river, too, and a lot of military.....bur I would dare to say more higher ranking officers---know lots of Lt. Cols & Cols' wives. Baywood Golf Course is a good place to look. VERY nice people on this side of the river. Now---if the job is at the hospital in Hoke County, that is drive, and you'd want to consider that.

I've had one daughter graduate from Cape Fear, and my youngest is going into 11th grade. We had some of the very best test scores in the county this past year. We have a nationally ranked band and winterguard. Great athletic program. Four of the top 5 elementary schools are our feeder schools.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you have about this area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina