Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:20 PM

22 posts, read 62,788 times

Advertisements

hello everybody
I'm student in Kansas in one of the small town. Right now i am looking for a good university which is not that hard to pass curses with studying by (A)
I am looking for one in north Carolina and i want a university which has Manufacturing engineering major.
i hope to find university in area which is not expensive and i am not care if it has transportation or not because i already have my car..
i hope some body help me because i 'm really tired from looking.
i want to ask too about The University of North Carolina at Charlotte ( how is the school? i mean hard or easy ot middel - how is the people there and how much the living there?)

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 03:29 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHBOB51 View Post
hello everybody
I'm student in Kansas in one of the small town. Right now i am looking for a good university which is not that hard to pass curses with studying by (A)
I am looking for one in north Carolina and i want a university which has Manufacturing engineering major.
i hope to find university in area which is not expensive and i am not care if it has transportation or not because i already have my car..
i want to ask too about The University of North Carolina at Charlotte ( how is the school? i mean hard or easy ot middel - how is the people there and how much the living there?)

thanks
Why are you not going to go to PittState???? In state tuition . . . and great school. If you are worried that you can't get into Pitt . . . the university system here is not going to be more lenient on entrance requirements. Your tuition will be a whole lot more coming here as out of state resident.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
hello everybody

thanks

MHBob, it sounds as though Engish may not be your first language? If that is true, you may do better to enroll in a Community College program instead of a University at first. University tuition is around $12,000 a year I believe (if you are a resident at least one year), which is much more affordable than a lot of other states, but is still expensive. The Community College is a lot more affordable and all your credits would later transfer in the NC University system. But you could get help with your language skills and get prepared to do better at the University level by going there first.

Look up Central Piedmont Community College online to learn more.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:37 PM

thanks anifani821 to gave me infrmation
actually i am student at Pittstate right know but i want to change the university cauze i want to go to US.
i know it sound crazy but that because there is nothing to do in Pittstate.
some time i am looking to have fun but i couldn't find it here.
my GPA is great and every thing going on good with me except that i am looking to have fun some time and i want to be in big twon.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:41 PM

lovesmountains thank u very much
i help in some of ur information but i can't go to Community College because i am under schoolership from my Embessy and i can't transfer more than two time and i if i go to Community College that mean i can't transfer to University again.
thanks a lot

Old 03-02-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
i help in some of ur information but i can't go to Community College because i am under schoolership from my Embessy and i can't transfer more than two time and i if i go to Community College that mean i can't transfer to University again.
thanks a lot
I understand. However, are you aware Charlotte is not quite as large as Pittsburgh? If you can't find enough to do there you probably wouldn't find much to do here. The UNCC campus in Charlotte is a "suitcase college" - many student commute daily and the place can be kind of quiet on the weekends.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:09 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times
Pittsburg State in Pittsburg, Kansas?

Old 03-02-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Pittsburg State in Pittsburg, Kansas?
Dave, you are sharper than me this evening, lol! I thought he meant Pittsburgh, PA! So is there a Pittsburg State in Kansas? I've never heard of it.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:45 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times
Yes, it's in the southeast corner of Kansas, near Joplin, MO. Population about 19,000. I bought my nephew a pair of shoes there once.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:55 PM

25 posts, read 86,096 times
Quote:
thanks a lot
I'm looking into Charlotte after graduation, but as a student at WVU I have seen first hand how much fun international students have here. It's in Morgantown, WV and they have an international house and also plenty of activities. Our engineering school is a great school from what I have heard. Just a little bit of info to think about, I am in some intercultural classes as an American student to help some of the international students adjust and like I said, they have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina