Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 10:43 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,853 times

Advertisements

This thread is an excellent exercise on tolerance. It's always funny to take shots until it's your ox being gored. Keep that in mind peeps when you put someone else or some other group of folks in your bulls-eye.
End of sermon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 05:07 AM

7,075 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Where's Hickory?

Old 10-25-2016, 06:03 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,817,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Welp... before I clicked I said if a JoCo town ain't on there and a Davie and/or Davidson Co. town ain't on there, then the list lacks credibility...
One of my friends from high school lived just outside of Princeton 10 years ago. I've seen some sh*t. Lol!

Old 10-25-2016, 06:21 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,476,920 times
1- Monroe is on route 74, not route 70.
2- Lumberton may have two Walmarts, but one of those stores is a Neighborhood Market. If they included the rest of Robeson county, then they could say two since Pembroke has a Walmart.If he was using the white population as a criterion (he mentioned that Smithfield was 70% white), then Lumberton isn't very white. Fayetteville is barely more white than black.

-Jacksonville definitely has quite a few pawn shops, trailer parks, and cheap, trashy looking motels.

I'm surprised Wendell and Zebulon aren't on here. It is where Lizard Lick Towing was filmed.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:48 AM

7,075 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
2- Lumberton may have two Walmarts, but one of those stores is a Neighborhood Market. If they included the rest of Robeson county, then they could say two since Pembroke has a Walmart.If he was using the white population as a criterion (he mentioned that Smithfield was 70% white), then Lumberton isn't very white. Fayetteville is barely more white than black.

-Jacksonville definitely has quite a few pawn shops, trailer parks, and cheap, trashy looking motels.

I'm surprised Wendell and Zebulon aren't on here. It is where Lizard Lick Towing was filmed.
This was clearly the opinions of a Durham based Triangle resident. Which is funny given the fact that the love affair with college level sports is VERY southern. Also, NC's only Cabella's is in Wake county. And just like how city-data was all over a K-Mart closing, the Triangle forum was buzzing over Cabela's opening.

Cabela's building in Garner/White Oak

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-25-2016 at 07:02 AM..

Old 10-25-2016, 10:50 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,900,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Same here. There are plenty of other non-redneck areas of NC. Granted, some of this stuff was spot on, but still.

Ok. Asheville! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
One of my friends from high school lived just outside of Princeton 10 years ago. I've seen some sh*t. Lol!

Woooooooo... I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post

I didn't understand the Fayetteville inclusion...

...but Robeson County is the Native, hybrid-Native version of the group that fits the descriptors highlighted by the video.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:51 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,536,082 times
Granville County, Franklin County, Vance County, Person County just around the Triangle

Old 10-25-2016, 04:12 PM

4 posts, read 5,473 times
Default Clayton, NC and Smithfield, NC

These two towns are great towns, but the level of redneck-ish is a little high strung...the teenagers hang out in the cook-out parking lots, sheetz parking lots, and the walmart parking lots. It's nice to see them still going out to engage with eachother, but their trucks are loud, they don't look that great, and they are all extremely spoiled.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:38 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,900,550 times
Sampson (hollerin' contest), Wilkes Co. (home of the 'shine), Chatham, Randolph... the list goes on and on... at least 90% of NC... Undebatable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleighhood View Post
These two towns are great towns, but the level of redneck-ish is a little high strung...the teenagers hang out in the cook-out parking lots, sheetz parking lots, and the walmart parking lots. It's nice to see them still going out to engage with eachother, but their trucks are loud, they don't look that great, and they are all extremely spoiled.
Have you been to Mule Days?

Old 11-02-2016, 08:47 AM

76 posts, read 109,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
Granville County, Franklin County, Vance County, Person County just around the Triangle
Nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina