Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:40 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,012,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing
You forgot about the fellow who lets his dog sit in the front of the truck while his wife rides in the back

I might argue you on that one I picked up a real estate flyer while out eating breakfast this morning. There is a section of land next to ours - 2.75 acres - that we weren't quite able to swing the money for when we bought our 4.5. That 2.75 acres, which has no water or sewer access, is covered with scrubby pines, and 1/2 of it actually slopes to a ravine, has an asking price of $59,000 Excuse my language, but that is just f* insane! That is TWICE the amount we paid for our 4.5 acres back in 1997. And our land is good land. I don't know of anyone around here who would spend that kind of money on POS land like that. All our neighbors are shaking their heads in disbelief The realtor is confident though: "some out-of-stater that doesn't know any better. You folks just please keep quiet."
True. Just look at all of the worthless lots that were sold to Northerners during Florida's Land Boom of the 1920's. Hopefully, land buyers are better educated these days, but I doubt it. I always check to see how much of an area is being sold to NC people and how much to wantabe transplants. If it's primarly out-of-staters, it's probably way over-priced.

Last edited by mm34b; 05-05-2006 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2006, 10:47 AM

3 posts, read 11,911 times
Sorry, not a North Carolina fan. Not sure if its because of Fayetteville, but people were always rude to us! Someone needs to let these people know that "Ya'll" is not a word.

Last edited by mpalm1968; 05-05-2006 at 10:49 AM..

Old 05-05-2006, 10:58 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,746,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalm1968
Sorry, not a North Carolina fan. Not sure if its because of Fayetteville, but people were always rude to us! Someone needs to let these people know that "Ya'll" is not a word.
Something about your tone makes me think you bring a lot of it on yourself. Y’all take care now ya’hear.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:19 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC
Don’t mean to hi-jack this thread, but I thought I’d just add that those late 60’s Chargers are fetching over $100k now.
Carry on…..

So many cars that I used to have that I wish I still did. I had a 72 challenger that'd be worth a fortune along with the 69 Z-28, 65 Mustang and others

Old 05-05-2006, 02:37 PM

16 posts, read 41,874 times
Amen, Mark! We're moving to NC from CT, and am looking forward to finding nice, family focused folks like ourselves. No stereo-typing on either side. Looking forward to a slower paced life that we've only been able to visit up until now.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:57 PM

110 posts, read 394,950 times
Quote:

Well I would also add that Fayetteville is a military city, (Ft Bragg) so alot of the people there arent originally from there anyways.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,436 times
Talking Howdy, Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC
You know what’s worse in NC than a hurricane or a twister?
A car with northeastern plates pulling a U-Haul.

Sorry, carry on.......
Hold on boy, I gotta spit. This bacca aint as strong as it us to be but neither am I as I showered last night.

I just wanted to point out one flaw on your post good buddy. You ain't said nothing 'bout them people with all the 'I 'heart' New York' bumper stickers all over them cars so as to signal each other 'We're alright. We came down here to git away from you, but now we love you.' Ain't that right now?

Old 05-05-2006, 10:02 PM

104 posts, read 573,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizliz0925
Some out of stater wouldn't know any better.
If Jacksonville, FL My wife were looking at a lot that was had no city water or sewer access (and was in town) for 92k. The lot size was 60x120.

This is one of the reasons we are moving.
Yeah, and in some areas they don't understand soil site tests (perk tests) either. Duh!

Old 05-05-2006, 10:06 PM

104 posts, read 573,935 times
Quote:
Oh, but it is. It's been added to most dictionaries. Even without that, it will alway be my favorite work. I love it when my husband tries to sound southern and use it with his Bostonian accent.

<fon tcolor=white>....................<font color=black>http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/PewterRose/f3f85432.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-05-2006, 10:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,832,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
So many cars that I used to have that I wish I still did. I had a 72 challenger that'd be worth a fortune along with the 69 Z-28, 65 Mustang and others
That's what's going in our garage that we are going to build, a 69 Z28 302 (which people confuse with the General Lee because it's orange with white stripes) and a 69 Vette. The husband put a nice loud muffler on the Camaro and when your sitting still at a light the engine rocks the car. It's the best! Of course the Vette is fun too as it has t-tops and the rear window pops out. I told my husband I wanted to own a Vette one day and I didn't care what year. So it is not easy deciding what to take out for a Sunday cruise. Although in the Camaro you can literally watch the gas gage move, like it's sucking it threw a straw!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina