Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 17,876 times

Advertisements

The company which we used in Virginia was not a limo company. They specialized in wine tours. We could have taken a limo, but the vehicle they had, a Suburban, was perfect for the tour. Do you know of any companies offering a real guided wine tour down here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 02:50 PM

89 posts, read 417,150 times
Had a blast at Duplin Winery. Unfortunately my husband and I tasted before ever stopping for breakfast and it was already noon! I think we bought a couple of cases, but they are still delicious!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:59 PM

21 posts, read 123,375 times
I like the Vermentino in Raffaldini Vineyards & Winery. We actually brought food to do a picnic on their patio. You will be able to oversee the great vineyard with the mountains as the backdrop...quite a romantic experience! As for Shelton, they have a tour to show you how they make their wine for $5. You bought ticket at their gift shop/and wine tasting room and the tour starts very hour. I also brought my two friends from NYC to do lunch at their restaurant - about$10 for each course...a good deal. They recommend what wine to pair with each course. You can sit inside or on their patio. As for Blackwolf, I would recommend to do a special event for dinner there. The restaurant is one of the 4-star one in NC. There is live music every Saturday. I have also tried Rassie Apple. It look like a big factory when you first got inside. I like their dessert wine. You may pick up a brochure for the wine tour in each of these wineries and do something like the movie "Sideway" - quite fun

Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 PM

653 posts, read 2,704,272 times
A winery near here has made a red Chardonnay. I am no wine aficionado, but apparently this is fairly big. Can anyone explain to me?

http://hendersonvillenews.com/apps/p...73271978202841

Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 PM

49 posts, read 230,959 times
The best winery west of Greensboro is Raylen. If you like full-bodied wines, they have a terrific Merlot, a wonderful meritage called Category 5. Of the 5 wineries we visited, everyone in our group thought Raylen was the best winery we visited. The guy who conducted our tasting and tour was great, had an amazing knack for telling stuff you didn't realize you wanted to know.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:00 PM

57 posts, read 160,305 times
i know one thing to do and thats DRINK!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:23 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1264 View Post
NC has several great wineries. Innovative Winery in Morrisville has the best green apple riesling!

Then Hinnant Winery in Selma has wonderful sweeter wines made from native muscadine grapes.

Also, Chatham Hill is in Morrisville too, close to the airport and to Innovative.

www.ncwines.org (broken link)

Enjoy!
You should see that winery in Selma. That thing is gorgeous. Well worth the trip.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,795 times
Default Things to Do -- Yadkin Valley Wine Tour

Yadkin Valley Wine Tours has regularly scheduled tours to all the wineries in the Yadkin Valley and other areas

They are very cost effective visiting 3-4 wineries for $80 per person

They even do custom tours for private occasions

Check them out at Yadkin Valley Wine Tours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina