Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 07:23 AM

7 posts, read 12,832 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I am currently a New York resident considering a move to North Carolina.

In May of this year, I graduated with a Master's in Social Work Degree. I am preparing to take the social work licensing exam in New York in a couple of weeks.

My goal is to become a social worker specializing in geriatric case management.

I am not new to North Carolina - I attended UNC-Chapel Hill from 2006-2009 (did not graduate from there; had to withdraw for family medical situation).

I am hoping to receive information from any fellow social workers on here, or those that know of this job market in this state, of how the social work job market is in North Carolina. I've always wanted to return since I left in 2009...I really enjoyed my time in North Carolina.

I am primarily looking at the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, but also open to other areas in the state.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2022, 07:38 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
Fellow LCSW here, semi-retired.

I would start by looking at the state website, as well as the hospitals in that area. I would also look at USAjobs for positions at the VA. Once you're in the federal system you can move into other positions easily.

All geriatric programs have social workers so you may be able to get an entry level job at one of those.

Also, join NASWNC. They have job listings and networking opportunities. They also have free CEUs.
https://www.naswnc.org/default.aspx

Old 09-14-2022, 08:20 AM

7 posts, read 12,832 times
Thank you so much! This is very helpful

Old 09-14-2022, 09:04 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
Just know you'll have competition, so be patient and vigilant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina