Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,201 times

Advertisements

Were having some problems with our landlord, she said we couldn't have a dog when we moved in so I got rid of my dog, then my neighbor who is living in the same home I am in (duplex) moves in with 2 dogs, I ask her if we can have a dog and she tells me fine. So we get a dog and she approves the dog after seeing it, I asked her for something stating it was fine to have this dog she she brings over a document saying we can only have 1 dog it has to be this dog she saw and it couldn't be over 20 lbs which we already told her it would be over 20 lbs. then she wants to charge us a $150.00 pet deposit when she didn't change the person living in the same house as as a deposit at all. We also have a roach problem that I have verbally addressed to her 3-4 times now and nothing has been done. So we got approved for a home and are considered 1st time home buyers. Is there a law in NC saying we can get out of our rental contract with her if we are 1st time home buyers, if not how can I get out of my lease, were supposed to be in it till Dec and it's only May now. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 12:27 PM

586 posts, read 1,547,288 times
If you were referred by post housing, perhaps they can help?

Old 06-20-2008, 12:30 PM

16 posts, read 76,720 times
Default Review your lease.

Many rental leases in our area give you an out, with a 30 day written notice. Check the lease. Usually, pest control inside the unit is not covered by the landlord.

See the NC Real Estate Commission website for common questions on the rights of renters and landlords, here:

Renting (http://www.ncrec.state.nc.us/publications-bulletins/Renting.html - broken link)

View current Fayetteville, NC area homes for sale/MLS listings at:

Fayetteville Public Site

Best regards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina