Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2007, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,989 times

Advertisements

I live in Monroe NC... There is a small wooded area that connects to our back yard.... I am DEATHLY AFRAID OF SNAKES. Poisinous or Non poisionous. Please give me any information that any one has on snakes in NC and in my Monroe NC area. We have no basement... our new home was built on a slab. I am so afraid that a snake will get into my house. Any ideas... that can help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,002,563 times
Topic has been discussed before:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/5987-snakes-north-carolina.html

Old 01-27-2007, 04:19 PM

12 posts, read 54,165 times
You have an almost zero chance of a snake either going in your house, or of being bitten by one... Snakes will only bite as an ABSOLUTE last resort. The snake bites you see on TV people getting fall into one of the following categories:

Stepping on an unsuspecting snake
Feeding them mice (pet snakes, or zoo keepers and the like)
People who harvest venom
People doing something stupid.

Subset of "something stupid": Picking them up by the tail to play with them, caging wild snakes not intended to be pets, harassing snakes in the wild, etc.

The chance of you opening your door, and a snake just deciding it wants to wander in, are pretty much nil. Snakes LOVE to be left alone.

If you had a snake under your house, you would be lucky, if nothing else because they will eat any rodents and bugs that they can find under there. The inside of a humans house is the last place in the world they would want to be.

The same thing is true of spiders and most wild animals that are not rabid: They want to be left alone. They will not attack you. You have nothing to fear

Now, if you want to be concerned about something as opposed to afraid, you should be very vigilant about ticks. Lyme's disease is a very un-fun disease (trust me, I have had it before). Make sure if you have any pets you put flea AND tick killer on them 12 months a year, regardless of the weather outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: