Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM

146 posts, read 506,855 times

Advertisements

I could really use some advice here, so who better to ask than complete strangers on this board? Here's the situation: A local realtor knocked on our door and claimed to have clients that are interested in my home, which, by the way, was NOT up for sale. I agreed to let them come see it, as we've been talking alot about relocating lately - although we weren't planning on actually moving for another 2 years. Not sure what I got myself into, but they are making a very tempting offer. We would need to be out of here by this June/July. In addition, we would also need a good high school and small college - and close proximity to a JCC would be terrific. My husband is a commercial printer. What areas of NC would he have the best chance of him finding employment? Scary to just uproot my family right now. So much to think about, any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 07:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampy123 View Post
I could really use some advice here, so who better to ask than complete strangers on this board? Here's the situation: A local realtor knocked on our door and claimed to have clients that are interested in my home, which, by the way, was NOT up for sale. I agreed to let them come see it, as we've been talking alot about relocating lately - although we weren't planning on actually moving for another 2 years. Not sure what I got myself into, but they are making a very tempting offer. We would need to be out of here by this June/July. In addition, we would also need a good high school and small college - and close proximity to a JCC would be terrific. My husband is a commercial printer. What areas of NC would he have the best chance of him finding employment? Scary to just uproot my family right now. So much to think about, any suggestions?

Wow, what a great opportunity! June is a great time of year to move. My vote, given your criteria, is for south Charlotte. The JCC here is just fantastic and there are many nice neighborhoods near it which would also get you in the best public high school attendence zones. I think as a commercial printer your husband who have his best chances here, since this is the largest metro area in the state. Contact our regular poster SouthCharlotte&Union by private message, this is her part of town and I feel certain she could help you a lot

Old 02-13-2007, 07:51 PM

Thanks for a superfast response! I will get in touch with her as soon as I know when we can come down for a visit. It's exciting and nervewracking at the same time.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:42 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
Hi Sampy,
I can set you up with a website that e-mails you listings that meet your criteria and updates them daily...as well as get you a relocation kit...the website can give you a good sense of what is out there and how quickly they move. I can also have the JCC send you a registration packet. Take care and keep us all posted

Old 02-13-2007, 10:03 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
hey Sampy meet South I was tell South About you and when u were ready u would let her know....

Old 02-14-2007, 03:40 AM

I did pm her, thanks NJmom.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:05 AM

Is south Charlotte the only area you'd recommend for a commercial printer, or are there other areas I should be looking into? Was hoping to be a bit closer to the shore, but keeping all options open.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:49 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampy123 View Post
Is south Charlotte the only area you'd recommend for a commercial printer, or are there other areas I should be looking into? Was hoping to be a bit closer to the shore, but keeping all options open.
I'd say your three options are Charlotte, Raleigh or Wilmington. Wilmington will get you to the beach, but I'm not sure about schools there, you'd have to check around.

Raleigh will get you closer to the beach than Charlotte. Other than that I think the other cities are too small in NC to have much of a market for commercial printers, though I could be wrong. So do some checking on that to be sure

Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 AM

Guess I have some h.w. to do before committing...thanks for your help.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:31 AM

548 posts, read 2,648,160 times
What I think is that you should get a couple other realtors over to your home asap. If these people are willing to pay more than you expect, then perhaps your home is worth more than you think--perhaps more than they are offering. I would not accept any offer until you are fairly certain (through a number of experienced realtors in your area) that this really is a great offer. It would stink to accept the offer and then later find out that your home is actually worth MORE than that!!

Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina