Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2006, 05:26 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,475 times

Advertisements

Anyone hear of them?

They have a community that is just starting near Lake Wylie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2006, 08:09 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32
Anyone hear of them?

They have a community that is just starting near Lake Wylie.

Are you speaking of the homes off of Shopton? If so this is SW Charlotte...(within the Charlotte/Meck. school dist)....I drove by these the other day and there is a lot of growth on this road now...a little further down Shopton...there is a place called The Sanctuary (to die for homes...where a mill. won't even get you a home here). Sorry can't tell you much more than that...there is just so many new developments and builders around here now...you might want to check with a realtor. Good Luck to you!

Old 06-07-2006, 08:27 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,475 times
Default that is the one!!!

Is it a nice area? How long would it take to get to downtown Charlotte? Are there shops nearby?

Don't I wish I could afford the ones in the million dollar neighborhood! If I could I would probably stay here in Pa where every new house is in that range! Not good for a 1 income family!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32
Is it a nice area? How long would it take to get to downtown Charlotte? Are there shops nearby?

Don't I wish I could afford the ones in the million dollar neighborhood! If I could I would probably stay here in Pa where every new house is in that range! Not good for a 1 income family!

oh not that I could even close to one of those homes either...I mainly brought it up due to the fact if there are homes that are in that price range just a couple of miles apart...the area can't be that bad right?

the other thing is if you do a search (Regent Homes Charlotte) a site should pop up that reads PARADE OF HOMES (this took place in Sept, 2005) and it appears that Regent Homes (Waterlyn) was one of the 2005 Parade of Home award winners in their category (so what ever that is worth to you?)

The area is growing...on the corner of 160/49 there is a new center with a Super Target to open this summer, Home Depot is already open, along with several other stores as well (the closest mall to there...I think would be Carolina Place Mall in Pineville which would take you around 15 to 20 minutes...located off the 485). It is hard to say how long it would take you to get to (uptown) Charlotte since I do not commute from there...but I would take a guess (w/o) traffic apx. 25 to 30 minutes.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:27 PM

483 posts, read 1,567,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
It is hard to say how long it would take you to get to (uptown) Charlotte since I do not commute from there...but I would take a guess (w/o) traffic apx. 25 to 30 minutes.
From South Charlotte (Matthews, Indian Trail, etc.) it takes approximately 20 minutes to uptown Charlotte without traffic. With traffic, one can only imagine because the big wig companies are there.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
From South Charlotte (Matthews, Indian Trail, etc.) it takes approximately 20 minutes to uptown Charlotte without traffic. With traffic, one can only imagine because the big wig companies are there.
yes, you are correct...but...the area that I was speaking about (Regent Homes) is in SW Charlotte (Steele Creek)...which is on the other side of the 77.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina