Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 06:26 PM

6 posts, read 23,782 times

Advertisements

sorry if i seems stupid.. but this is my first time and i am 22.. please give me a break.. lol

ok.. i need to transfer my car title out of my moms name into mine.. the title is also from ohio...

in ohio.. the title can be just transferred on the back.. my mom sign and notarized the odemeter reading and her signature...

my questions are .. do i need the title application filled out... and the damage disclosure... also its saying i can get out of the highway tax due to it was a gift... wish i can get some help here instead of wasting time at the dmv

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:43 PM

535 posts, read 1,741,208 times
You can call the DMV, most of that is easy to do over the phone. Check out this link: NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: How do I title & register a vehicle?

One thing I've learned in NC. If you travel and pass through small towns do your business at small town DMV offices. I needed to renew my DL this summer. Walked into the Asheville office and it was going to be 2 hours. Screw that. On the way home from out of town I stopped at the DMV in Marion. Walked in, they gave me the test. I was on my way in 15 minutes, it was that easy. NO LINE.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 PM

6 posts, read 23,782 times
ya.. i have my liscense here.. went to the one off independence and i drove right by.. went to the one off brookshire and got there 30 mins before they opened.. only had to wait a half hour.. but i know the titling is easy to do..

over the phone.. is the customer service good.. or are they snobby and want you to get off the phone.. i dont have a deadline to do this

Old 12-29-2008, 03:55 AM

535 posts, read 1,741,208 times
Just say "I looked it up online, I didn't see this scenario". That should do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina