Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 AM

108 posts, read 383,909 times

Advertisements

Organick, Just want to throw my support your way... you have been fighting the good fight!
And if anyone knows of a decent vet in Yancey or Madison County who will support (or at least tolerate) no vaccines for dogs, please let me know!

Old 02-08-2009, 02:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzx2 View Post
Organick, Just want to throw my support your way... you have been fighting the good fight!
And if anyone knows of a decent vet in Yancey or Madison County who will support (or at least tolerate) no vaccines for dogs, please let me know!
HUH? You are anti-rabies vax?

You are kidding, right?

Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM

108 posts, read 383,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
HUH? You are anti-rabies vax?

You are kidding, right?
Rabies is a matter of the law, and not a good subject for discussion.
However, a few facts for you...
There has never been a case of a dog which has had its first two rabies shots ever actually getting rabies... repeatedly shooting adult dogs with this dangerous vaccine accomplishes nothing.

Humans who received rabies shots (because of suspected exposure or as part of their jobs), demonstrate adequate antibodies (by titer test) as many as 50 years later, so why should dogs be shot over and over and over?

There has actually been a study done proving that the duration of immunity is at least 7 years, and more likely the life of the dog. Because arrogant americans won't accept a study done in another country (France), there is another such study now ongoing in this country.

The chances of a well-cared for, indoor dog getting exposed to actual rabies (which is very rare) are practically nil, whereas the chances of a negative response to the shot itself are 100%.
Enuf on that.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
hey thanks glen. The vet situation is tough because of the laws here. I have 3 dogs and I have had them all titered at acceppted levels. But thats not enough for nc, its enough to get ur dogs into the state of hawaii which has never had rabies but not good in nc. I recently had one of them at the vet because she got cut pretty bad. He said the law sucks and he thinks titers are fine but they can lose their license in nc for working on a non rabies vax animal. Wonder who passed that law. I need the same in asheville if anyone know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina