Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 01:38 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times

Advertisements

North Carolina ranks No. 6 in unemployment - Triangle Business Journal:

http://triad.bizjournals.com/triad/s...2&ana=e_du_pub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:49 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,292,600 times
Great. So why do we keep ending up on lists of places to move too?

This week I saw a so called real estate expert on one of the morning shows. She gave a list of eight things to look for when considering relocating these days. The first thing on the list was jobs (duh!) and then that real estate is selling. Can't remember the others, but somehow this area ended up being ranked second or third on the list as a place to relocate to. As someone who is unemployed, I'd sure like to know where all the jobs are!

Old 05-22-2009, 01:52 PM

621 posts, read 2,217,901 times
Yay! It's good to be recognized!

Old 05-22-2009, 01:56 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Saturn Fan will like this.....well not like THIS but like a possible result which is a slow down in relocating folks.

Now....it is not mentioned but I would have to think that a large %age of these numbers are due to the closing of manufacturing and distribution facilities. Blue Collar type jobs. It can still be considered a good place to move due in part to the low cost of living, the fact that there is a good amount Tech and BioTech companies here (will boom once recession of over) and it's overall a great place to live.

Maybe........

Old 05-22-2009, 02:43 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Saturn Fan will like this.....well not like THIS but like a possible result which is a slow down in relocating folks.

Now....it is not mentioned but I would have to think that a large %age of these numbers are due to the closing of manufacturing and distribution facilities. Blue Collar type jobs. It can still be considered a good place to move due in part to the low cost of living, the fact that there is a good amount Tech and BioTech companies here (will boom once recession of over) and it's overall a great place to live.

Maybe........
You are right. I love it!

Still remember the many summers w/o eye irritation from high ozone levels.

Since there's no good public transit and infrastructure money is tight, more McMansions are as much needed as rats and mice.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 PM

499 posts, read 1,528,038 times
And here is our politicians answer to the situation: lower our standards!!!!

State lowers mark for jobs it will lure - Home - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/1540274.html - broken link)

Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncorey1 View Post
And here is our politicians answer to the situation: lower our standards!!!!

State lowers mark for jobs it will lure - Home - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/1540274.html - broken link)
This is a good thing, in my book.

I don't want the state of NC picking and choosing favorites, at the expense of everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina