Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 PM

941 posts, read 1,917,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
That is not very good advise. Start out by telling a lie. You will be found out and it won't end good. If you want to KEEP a job, you won't BS the guy who hires you.
This ONE time only I have to disagree. I believe a person has to do what they have to for themselves. I also believe that it is not thier business we are applying for a job to work period. We are adults how we choose to live is ours. . I have NEVER in a interview been asked on my living situation and if they have to ask me I can't say "Is none of your business" as I want the job but will tell them what they want to hear.
I would NEVR tell a potential employer I was living in a car, heck i would't even tell my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 08:17 PM

325 posts, read 863,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
This ONE time only I have to disagree. I believe a person has to do what they have to for themselves. I also believe that it is not thier business we are applying for a job to work period. We are adults how we choose to live is ours. . I have NEVER in a interview been asked on my living situation and if they have to ask me I can't say "Is none of your business" as I want the job but will tell them what they want to hear.

I would NEVR tell a potential employer I was living in a car, heck i would't even tell my family.
As a person who was once homeless, all I can say to this post is AMEN!

To hell with the naysayers and the dudley-do-rights (including potential employers). Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Not a single soul knew I was homeless, including my employer.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 PM

287 posts, read 689,149 times
Quote:
Amen sister.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:59 PM

581 posts, read 2,216,269 times
Quote:
You have never been asked about your housing situation in an interview because you have not worked in Williston. I'm not saying it's a managers business where or how you live I'm saying that it's a reality out here to be asked what your address is. Normally it's asked legally on the job app. In an employers eyes it's not always a deal breaker to not have housing. It's a reality here to be looking for housing.

Dimka03 said he works for the largest casing company. That would be Franks Casing (google them) they recently bought out a local casing company called Joe's Casing. And no, all casing companies are not named after their owners first name. Sounds like they might be hiring. I'd look em up.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Amen Sister.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,171,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsfinest View Post
Some guy I met today took the Walmart supervisor test and passed with flying colors but then they asked him if he had housing and living in a RV didn't count so they denied the interview process. Also, some guy died in the Wal-Mart parking lot a couple nights ago so the police gave notices to everyone in RV's and trailers. The paper said you will be given a ticket and towed away. Everyone here said the parking lot looked like a circus by all the equipment in the lot.
I noticed that at Walmart today there were a LOT less RVs and campers than last week. I was wondering if something happened. Last week it looked like a zoo with many campers running generators outside.

I'm suprised that a guy dying there was not on the television news. I watch KUMV news all the time and there was nothing about it.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
I noticed that at Walmart today there were a LOT less RVs and campers than last week. I was wondering if something happened. Last week it looked like a zoo with many campers running generators outside.

I'm suprised that a guy dying there was not on the television news. I watch KUMV news all the time and there was nothing about it.
Probably because it wasn't true.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:14 PM

611 posts, read 1,457,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
I'm just saying most wont be so lucky. I'm sure you got on with a casing crew that is a local company and doesn't even look at an app. Bigger companies don't tolerate this sort of thing. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

I'm gonna step in and defend this guy. Twice I have applied for jobs out of the area I was living in and put down a fake address (usually I go on Craigslist, find a place for rent and use that address) .....and both times I have gotten jobs, that if I had put down my REAL address, they would have said "psss...she lives to far away" Point blank, when your desperate, and the poster is obviously desperate, you do what you have to do! He didnt drive 1300 miles for nothing! These companies need to bring in more trailers and take it outta peoples check (the rent) problem solved!

Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
I'm gonna step in and defend this guy. Twice I have applied for jobs out of the area I was living in and put down a fake address (usually I go on Craigslist, find a place for rent and use that address) .....and both times I have gotten jobs, that if I had put down my REAL address, they would have said "psss...she lives to far away" Point blank, when your desperate, and the poster is obviously desperate, you do what you have to do! He didnt drive 1300 miles for nothing! These companies need to bring in more trailers and take it outta peoples check (the rent) problem solved!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaamen.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:02 AM

81 posts, read 202,829 times
Lol I was with joes for a month and they only worked me 4 Freakin days. Just a bunch if druggies there. And after they hire you they don't mention that the first 200 hours will all be a training wage of 15 an hr. Joes only has contracts with about 10 rigs. My current company has contracts with over 90 rigs. That's the reason I work 6-7 days a week. Go work at joes casing and see for yourself how ****ty they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota