Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 11:52 PM

20 posts, read 22,213 times

Advertisements

Hey an Hello from Virginia beach
I have been checking out ND for a little while only been through a Bazillion threads it seems lol But I am not finding exactly what I am looking for Soooo here it goes.
I have a few questions for yall if you don't mind.

How is the commercial construction field in ND?
Pacifically HVAC?
My Dh has about 16 yrs experience in this field. Including but not limited to..
mechanic, foreman,field super intend ant . He has done small jobs at a cpl hundred thousand like apts all the way to multi million dollar hospitals He also has military passes for base work. He also has some residential construction
experience, and He also can drive anything with wheels and could go get his cdl an endorsements with out a hitch.
What would the pay for him? Is there a demand for this type of work?

How about in the restaurant field
in ND?
Pacifically management?
I have about 16 yrs restaurant experience in this field 6yrs in management.
Including but not limited to..Cashier Deli clerk Baker Waitress Hostess

Expeditor Event planning Menu planning Short order cook Line cook
Lead line cook Fry cook Prep. Cook Waitress trainer Caterer Assistant kitchen manager Assistant manager General manager Trainee
What would the pay for me ? Is there a demand for this type of work?

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to answer my Questions, I know it may seem like information over load, But I like to be through
If this has been posted before I am sorry for not finding it but it would be great if you could respond again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM

So no one here knows if ether of these to fields are doing well in ND?
Some incite would be wonderful, Thanks again!!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:09 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,605,030 times
There is lots of commercial construction going on, especially out in the western cities where the oil work is located. HVAC sounds like a trade that is in demand;people needed to install the duct systems, heat pumps, air handlers, etc. The salaries for those postions could vary depending on experience and knowledge.
They are constantly advertising for restaurant work in Williston, as there are a lot of oil workers in that area who take breaks during the day and night. The restaurant workers in some places there are said to be making
more than double they would in other areas of the country.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:55 PM

231 posts, read 873,113 times
Have you registered at the ND job service website and browsed through the endless jobs? They will provide you with contact information.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
There is lots of commercial construction going on, especially out in the western cities where the oil work is located. HVAC sounds like a trade that is in demand;people needed to install the duct systems, heat pumps, air handlers, etc. The salaries for those postions could vary depending on experience and knowledge.
They are constantly advertising for restaurant work in Williston, as there are a lot of oil workers in that area who take breaks during the day and night. The restaurant workers in some places there are said to be making
more than double they would in other areas of the country.

Thank you very much for the info Star691, its good to know we may be able to find good solid jobs there.
If you happen to know pacific company's that would be great.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:12 PM

Default Tundra dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra dweller View Post
Have you registered at the ND job service website and browsed through the endless jobs? They will provide you with contact information.

Thank you so much for the info, I have not checked them out but I did google that it came up with about 69,300,000 results,
Could you be kind enough to point me to the one you are talking about. If you happen to know pacific company's that would be great.
Thanks

Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,188 times
Job Service North Dakota. Or The Shopper, Inc. - Williston, ND - Classifieds, Help Wanted, Real Estate and More!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Thank you so much

Any one (personally ) know about immediate hire for me or my DH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota