Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 11,924 times

Advertisements

I applied online at Halliburton. Was not hired in N.D. but have been hired in C.O. I was told during the interview to expect at least 80 - 100 work weeks. On ten days off 4. I had no prior experience but had military and heavy equipment exp. I start in Jan. and they help with relocation. I looked at alot of N.D. jobs as well but none as of yet called me back. My suggestion is be flexible, I applied all over the country, pretty much any opening I was quallified for. Within a month I received my interview. Good luck to all of you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 PM

91 posts, read 294,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagKing View Post
Golfer,

As stated on another thread, it could be the whole "show up and fill out the application in person" thing. I'm just sayin....
Not a good idea to walk into Halliburton and do that here. You will get hissed at by the front desk people.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 PM

112 posts, read 316,519 times
green hat, can you tell us what position you got hired for? Also I have heavy equipment experience but do not have an operators license, not sure how they will view that.

Congrats and keep us posted on how the process goes! I am heading to TX next week, keeping my fingers crossed for something good!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM

4 posts, read 26,789 times
I work for Halliburton and I am headed to North Dakota tomorrow. There is no charge for man camps Halliburton pays for your room. and if you are in the man camp and not a hotel they also provide all your meals. There is also an increase of pay for going to North Dakota compared to the other places in the country

Old 11-18-2012, 01:52 PM

4 posts, read 26,789 times
We also run 14 on 7 off. Guaranteed pay 40hrs for your week off.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:55 AM

80 posts, read 272,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolin1yota View Post
We also run 14 on 7 off. Guaranteed pay 40hrs for your week off.
What is the pay?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM

18 posts, read 59,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer2122 View Post
ShagKing

Tried that "show up and fill out the app" with Baker Hughes, Weatherford, Marathon and H&P... they all told me... "we don't take applications here... you gotta do it online"... They were nice enough about it but adamant about the online thing... It sucks... I'm here now, ready to work... see how serious that guy (wherever) is when he really is made the offer... Wonder what their success rate is??

I'll let everyone know how the "show up and fill out in person" works in Williston... gonna hit all the divisions of all the big boys...
For the larger companies "... show up and fill out the app ..." simply doesn't work. Not for Williston or Dickinson. You'll hear the same thing from every company "... corporate handles hiring ..." or a variation thereof. Just returned from ND so I'm speaking from experience. Very recent experience. Less than 3 weeks old.

The most you'll be able to do is obtain a recruiter's info but you'd be able to do the same thing by just googling a company's number for a particular area & then calling to find out if recruiter info is available. All from the comfort of your current location.

Good luck.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 10,767 times
Halliburton pay for all,
but keep in mind williston is the decline and Halliburton has made cuts in pay,
i work for them down here in Brighton co,
we did have a two week on one off payed they cut that, no payed holidays
they told us it was that or layoffs....
and that's for all of north America

Old 12-06-2012, 04:39 PM

12 posts, read 29,855 times
Halliburton charges $400 per month for man camps in williston I.talked to them last week. I am sure the guy that transfered is covered 100% but if you are new to Halliburton they charge $400 a month in williston... I have only found 1 company that uses a printed app. And one that uses both. They don't care if you come in frankly I have had one company tell me stop bothering them for coming by once. Most of the phone numbers and website say do not call the office about an app. Do not check on the status of an app. If we are interested we will call you. They really have pick of the litter it is a saturated market. That being said I have 2 job offers right now worked for one nit near enough hours and went with the other company a little less pay but a lot more work.
There are jobs here but you have to hustle, which is hard to do with a online app. Now the jobs I am talking about are drilling nit driving got a cdl? Your golden

Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM

90 posts, read 355,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taker View Post
Halliburton pay for all,
but keep in mind williston is the decline and Halliburton has made cuts in pay,
i work for them down here in Brighton co,
we did have a two week on one off payed they cut that, no payed holidays
they told us it was that or layoffs....
and that's for all of north America

Not true; there are areas that are making money and doing fine. MidCom is still kicking up 8-10mil a month. I guess my HR was right when I requested a transfer to ND... Wow to think I almost made the Move there a few months ago. PS Hows the IPhone working
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota