Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM

154 posts, read 412,960 times

Advertisements

Just have to share this story about Walmart in Williston. Heard the other day from a gentleman who's up here working. Said he was accosted by pan-handlers on his way into the store, was standing in the check out line and wound up between two guys who decided to have a very loud and lengthy screaming match about whether Tom Brady "sucks", then to top it off he walked in the men's room to a stark naked man having a sponge bath at one of the sinks. Doesn't figure he'll be going back there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 12:54 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,234,238 times
Quote:
Self policing is a great idea, but, is it feasible time wise? Do the people that work the oil field jobs have the time after to work to police themselves?
That was kind of my thinking. SELF-policing makes sense. Pick up after yourself. Mind your manners, etc. But seriously...How many guys have time to pick up after others? The few guys I know up there are pretty much working or sleeping with a little spare time to hit the laundromat or find a shower.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:48 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
That was kind of my thinking. SELF-policing makes sense. Pick up after yourself. Mind your manners, etc. But seriously...How many guys have time to pick up after others? The few guys I know up there are pretty much working or sleeping with a little spare time to hit the laundromat or find a shower.
Well, maybe they can't literally pick up after another, but they can sit the tone of what is and is not acceptable behavior. It sort of seems that alot of folks that have moved to Williston have adopted a "mob" mentality, one truck driver pees in the parking lot, so now several do it. One person pahandles, and several do it. I have heard from more than a few folks the have daughters, and wives that they don't even dare go to walmart, day or night, there was a teen girl literally surrounded at the entrance one day by a group of men....That is unacceptable, I don't care where you live or how badly you want to be there....bring your company manners or go back home.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:08 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,234,238 times
Yeah. That's what I said.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:26 PM

182 posts, read 478,449 times
It definitely was an awkward situation at the walmart parking lot. I parked in the back cause I drive a big suburban. Easier to get out with no traffic, but one fellow started writing on my window.... "You took my parking spot ... a.. h..." I confronted him and said it wasn't yours. It was getting territorial. No cars for sale either allowed. I go there to just get stuff that wasn't price gouged.

It is understandable it happened. Cause somebody drive off to a job and come back like that was their spot.. nuts really.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,167,229 times
I was just at Walmart and all the campers are gone. That area in the Northeast corner of the lot where most of them congregated looks like it's been completely cleaned up. Nothing is parked there. Unreal!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Wonder how many were towed and impounded.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:13 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
I'm surprised they let it go on as long as they did. Wonder where they all went?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I'm surprised they let it go on as long as they did. Wonder where they all went?
I imagine there will be campers, and vehicles parked all over the various neighborhoods. It is too bad that some company hasn't opened a lot, and charged hook ups, or overnight fees...someone is missing a great, and needed business opportunity.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 PM

67 posts, read 151,525 times
there are alot of campers at various locations as you drive into williston from dickinson. Not to many around town. couple over at the library and some vans by the rec center. was one truck with a fifth wheel parked by the builders park but he was gone by the next morning. not sure if just stopped for some supper or was forced to move. couple people have been smarter about it and got box trucks that they park at certain locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota