Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 05:34 AM

2 posts, read 6,188 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I am relocating my family from Texas to Bismarck the first week of June. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good 3 bedroom apartments for rent that allow you to have a small dog. Also what is the electric bills like? Cable and Internet bills? Water bills? I grew up in Montana so I know what the winters can be like just trying to mentally prepare myself for them again. Also I am moving from Corpus Christi, and they have a bad part of town, does Bismarck also have this? A area that is not a good place to raise a family? Thank you yall so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 PM

405 posts, read 1,335,493 times
Bismarck has been expanding like crazy over the past few years and have constructed some really nice apartments. There really isn't an area of town that is a bad area. Bismarck is a good town alltogether. There are some really nice apartments on the north end of town just off of HWY 83. When I was living there five years ago rent was about $300 for a tiny one bedroom and $550 for a nice two bedroom. However, with the expansion as well as the ND oil boom I would not be surprised at all if there was a significant increase. However, two friends of mine moved back to ND from TX and say that the standard of living are very similar.
When I was living in Fargo (which is going to be a bit more expensive than Bismarck) our cable/internet bill was $74/month, electricity (did not pay heat or water) was $25/month max. Just pay attention to what type of heat is in the apartment. I very very strongly advise against central air/heat. We had an apt like that in Bismarck growing up, and accidently now in Santa Fe, NM and it is insane! The heating bill has skyrocketed!!
Also, check out the Bismarck Tribune online (especially Sundays) for rental information. Best of luck with your move. Feel free to PM me if u have more questions.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 6,188 times
Hey Fischer_girl thanks for the info. I think we have found the apartment that we are going to get. It is a nice 3 bedroom and alot cheaper than TX! I figured that Bismarck really was a good town, that's the way ND was when I left in 96. I am excited to move back I can't wait. Do you know how the elementary schools are? I have a 8yr old daughter and would like info on schools please. Hey thanks again!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:26 AM

405 posts, read 1,335,493 times
I went to Highland Acres over by Bismarck State College. I absolutely LOVED the school because it was one of the smallest in Bismarck. There was only one class of each grade and ranged from 18-23 kids. That way you really got to have one on one time with teachers, the classes were much more personal, and because it was smaller we got to go on a lot more field trips. In fact, I even sent graduation and wedding announcments to the school years and years later because the teachers ALWAYS remember the children. I went to Grimsrude for one year.... but was too young to remember any of it. There are several religious schools in the area if that is something you are looking for as well. Finally... consider what middle school/highschool you want your daughter to go to. When I was in school, where you went to elementary school determined where you went to jr high and high school. Which area of town did u decide on...and do you have jobs and all that good stuff lined up? When you get there.... go have some knoephla soup at Johnny Carinos for me! I've been dying for some..and they don't have it in NM! Keep the ?s coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota