Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,353 times

Advertisements

My husband has heard of all of the wonderful job opportunies popping up in ND where they'll even help you relocate - he's an electrician. He's asked me to search this out and I've not had much luck. So, where are all of these wonderful jobs??? Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 05:40 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times
Williston!!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM

23 posts, read 102,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtypr View Post
My husband has heard of all of the wonderful job opportunies popping up in ND where they'll even help you relocate - he's an electrician. He's asked me to search this out and I've not had much luck. So, where are all of these wonderful jobs??? Any help would be appreciated!
Check Jobsnd.com

Job Service of North Dakota is your best bet. They cover all of the state. Your next bet would be the Forum, and then the Grand Forks Harald. Check the Temp/Headhunter agencies. A lot of electrical jobs are direct hire so it would be worth at least a call or checking their website.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:29 PM

268 posts, read 1,614,357 times
Yeah, the sunday forum is always full of blue-collar jobs. Professional jobs are a pain to find ...

Old 08-26-2008, 03:35 PM

5 posts, read 36,439 times
In all honesty, Old Surrender, white-collar jobs are hard to find just about everywhere in the U.S. right now. I am sure there will be college graduates (with huge student loan debts to pay off) coming to N.D. in search of oil jobs, as they certainly pay better than the types of service jobs recent graduates are filling these days.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 PM

23 posts, read 102,168 times
I'll second Mason's comment. IT jobs are very hard to find right now and I can only see it getting worse. I hear from my attorney friend that a lot of his clients are saying the job market is drying up.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason-dixon View Post
In all honesty, Old Surrender, white-collar jobs are hard to find just about everywhere in the U.S. right now. I am sure there will be college graduates (with huge student loan debts to pay off) coming to N.D. in search of oil jobs, as they certainly pay better than the types of service jobs recent graduates are filling these days.
I know a lot of recent grads going abroad to teach English to kill off their debts.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 AM

I was reading on the WillistonWire about how many of the law firms are now hiring lawyers in their organizations to fill the need for "oil law". So even in the oil patch, there are new white collar jobs being created.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Man, that's going to be tough to fill. I know a lot of people who graduated from law school and they had in their eyes were big cities, big lights.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM

Yes, I can see where young people are attracted to the big city. However, the story was about a ND native from the Fessenden area, who came back to ND with his new young family to be closer to his ND family. Because of his law degree in "oil related" matters, was able to come back to ND and be closer to where he grew up. So not EVERYONE is clammering to the big cities...some are trying to come back home to their roots. But I agree, most are trying to move to the BIG CITY...with BIG DREAMS. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota