Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM

160 posts, read 1,161,755 times

Advertisements

I have family moving to Minot and they will be looking for housing soon. I assume there is a lot of construction going on with the oil boom. What areas of town are growing and are there any higher end possibilities? They may also be interested in existing housing with more established landscaping and privacy. Any suggestions? I am in Minot often, but haven't lived there for a long time and not as familiar with any growth areas.

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,418 times
Good Morning,
Minot is going through a housing boom, but it has slowed down recently. During mid November through mid February, prices drop with winter hitting the hardest. This is actually a good time to visit and purchase homes. There is a new development in SE Minot, but the majority of the homes are not in the Minot school district, and Minot will not take any more children than necessary. Even with the additional square footage added to schools, the children have multiplied.

With privacy and some acreage, there is some available, but you will have to be ready to purchase when the land becomes available, depending on your price range. Anyway, ask questions. The better you are informed, the better decision you will make. Happy House Hunting.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,626 times
If you head up 83, right past the airport, hang a right..a new housing development going up there..and its not as cramped as downtown

Old 03-15-2010, 01:16 PM

203 posts, read 602,326 times
Wouldn't living on the edge of you make you more susceptible to blizzards, drifting, etc... as well as the traditional suburban sprawl David Brooks writes about in On Paradise Drive? It seems like living closer to the center of town would provide trees, walking biking distance to school, established neighborhoods, etc...From what I've seen on the websites, a lot of those houses in the new developments seem rather cookie-cutterish.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:33 PM

The higher end homes are being built on the 31st Av SE. There is a contractor that builds higher end homes starting at $350,000 as the low end. He just sold a $495,000 home. Very nice and sturdy. When you walk, you won't hear any creaking of the floor with the amount of sub-flooring they put in. Also, the lots are of the better ones in the area. Depending on the type of home you want, they can build it.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:51 PM

7 posts, read 15,357 times
Trees, I need TREES! Trees and quiet. Where should I look?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM

Green valley addition is known for its heavily tree lined streets. Also in Eastwood park. For a treed area, you will need to look at older housing where the trees have matured but not yet dead. Cottonwoods and Burr Oaks are long living trees in ND.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,799 times
Does anyone know where the new Dakota Ridge development in Minot is located? There are quite a few homes in that area I hear.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:37 PM

I know that area. It is a new development and the home building just started this year. There are not any speculative homes there. You look at the plans and lots and that will determine the price.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 PM

2 posts, read 6,071 times
haha havent you heard the nd state tree is the telephone pole. NW by msu and beyond is best bet for trees. watch out for the cotton woods cover your car in sap and little pieces of fur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota