Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:09 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,544 times

Advertisements

Try these agencies:
Rentals
IMM (701) 852-3648
IPM (701) 852-1157
CPM (701) 852-5028
1st Minot Management (701) 839-7505
More Properties (701) 852-7535
SMC (701) 839-4200
Glacial Holdings (701) 852-9743
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM

11 posts, read 68,571 times
thank you very much. unfortunately all of those places require you to have good credit (or a good co-signer). i do not. so that pretty much eliminates those all together. i did find a few mobile home parks that rent out trailers but they also have limited space so trying to determine if there would be anything available 2 months from now is very hard

Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 7,389 times
Default help

i two was offered this opportunity and i wanted to know how the community felt towards same sex couples, gays,lesbians, and races such as black or multiracial people, i am an gay young adult in my late 20s who will be relocating if everything seems ok im looking to rent an 1-2 bedroom apartment preferably legacy home and i was wondering if there any apartment shortages

Old 01-28-2010, 09:38 AM

From what I have found in my research, they do have an apartment shortage but if you can pay for your security dep. before you get there, and have good credit (or a good co-signer) then no, you will not have any problems finding a 1 or 2 bedroom. My needs are a little bigger than yours as I need a 3-4 bedroom and those are MUCH HARDER to find. But i did have some luck with the mobile home parks in the area. If you want a link for the list I have for those, I'll be happy to give it to you.
Have you applied yet and been offered a position? I'm just wondering how this as gone for you. Because I have not completed the application process yet because i wanted to see if there was even housing available before I went through with anything.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 7,389 times
i havent completed the process yet i wanted to check everything out

Old 01-29-2010, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 11,672 times
I have lived in minot for about 9 years, everything you have read about housing is true. I pour cement for a living and i can tell you though that there is a huge apartment and housing boom going on right now to try to make up for the lack of apartments. It will be some time before it catches up but when it does i suppose it will be on the opposite side where there is too many. Also housing is kind of ridiculous for the housing you do find when it comes to price. However there are jobs here, and plenty of them. Oil field is starting to pick up again and there will be many empty jobs there. If your bf is interested in working long hours he could easily making 70k+, some companies will even furnish you with housing. If you want information on the oil field part let me know, as before i did the cement thing I was in the oilfield for 3 years before i got laid off last april, really considering going back.

For the guy asking about gays, There is a gay population in minot. I have a few friends that are gay, I dont have a problem with them but im not gay so i couldnt tell you if there is discrimination or not. All in all this is a decent place to live, can be a bit boring but its great to for a family and its safe and polution free.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM

4 posts, read 11,865 times
Default Minot Trinity relocation package

I to am coming to Minot through this package as a LPN. I have same questions. I will be needing a 3/4 rental that accepts 1 small dog. Scared. Can someone that has a list of mobile home parks that rent out share them on here for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I really want this opportunity, but my family isn't as sure as I am. I have to be able to find them suitable housing or they won't come with me. We have 33 acres of woods here in Ohio and we rent. I doubt I can give them that there. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by nsbldm; 02-20-2010 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: add to it

Old 02-21-2010, 07:19 AM

so you did apply and were accepted? did you receive your written job offer? im scared that this offer isn't as real as it sounds. how has this process been for you?? when are you moving to minot? here is the list of mobile home parks in ND, scroll down and you'll find the list for minot. a 3/4 bedroom is going to be extremely hard to find as I've been learning.

North Dakota MH Communities

Old 02-21-2010, 07:21 AM

saucebox, i would like any information you have to give. yes please =] ty

Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 AM

4 posts, read 11,865 times
Yes, I have been given written offer. Thanks for the list. I would really like housing in one of the little towns near. I start April 5. Did you apply and get a written offer? What is your area of expertese and title?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota