Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 AM

11 posts, read 68,575 times

Advertisements

I have been offered a job at Trinity Health (Hospital or Homes- doesn't matter) in Minot, ND. It's a relocation package offered to CNA's who live outside of ND. I'm looking for people who have accepted any of these positions or know someone who has. I'm basically looking to find out if this is the real deal and how it's gone for them. I'd be moving my entire family (myself, boyfriend and 4 kids under age 4) to this area. Ive been reading everyone's forum's for months about ND and we've learned a lot about the area from everyone... So that is much appreciated, but we're still having a hard time deciding whether this is the right thing to do for our family/future. Any insight would be greatly helpful.

Included in this relocation package is: a $2,500 moving allowance to get your family and things to ND, (they will also reimburse you for any money you spend on your way to ND if it doesn't exceed the $2,500 overall) a $2,500 sign-on bonus - given to you BEFORE you start work if you accept one year employment (check can be picked up the Friday before orientation starts on Monday--orientations start the first Monday of each month), then they are offering you a full 40 hr work week with full benefits (benefits seem like a good package overall) and then at the beginning of your second year, they'll give you another $2,500 for accepting a second year with them. The third year.. they give you $2,000 towards your LPN schooling. How does this sound to you guys???

Also I've been reading about how Minot is supposed to have a huge housing shortage..is this true? We would definitely need to rent as we are in no position whatsoever to buy a home. Is it really as bad as I'm reading?

I'm just not sure whats best for my family at this time and I don't want to accept this position and find out after that its crap or wasn't really worth it. Again, any insight at all would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

~Corrin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,837 times
Good Morning,
if you can send me the link where you see this relocation package is, I will check with Trinity to verify it. I do know that Trinity is constantly advertising for workers. they have just bought 50 acres and plan to build a new hospital in the future. While I am checking this relocation, you can visit Job Service North Dakota for current job openings. The news reported that we have approximate 1800 openings available for all types of jobs.

Housing is not in a shortage, but rentals are. We are filled to about 99%. This year, there will be another 200 apts built along with 4 new motels.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:18 AM

Default Heres the link...

Elite Nursing Jobs » Minot, ND – CNA Positions

Apparently the hospital themselves have hired a staffing agency to hire people for them. And I've read multiple times that if you contact the hospital directly to apply, you'll lose the chance at the relocation package.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:25 AM

Default Rentals

Ive called maybe 6 reality offices and they've all told me if you don't have good credit, you're basically beat. I have no credit and what i do have is bad. I'm looking to move there for a new start for my family but if we cant find housing before we get there, there's no since in even coming. I need a 3-4 house and those are rare I'm being told. We're looking to move April 1st, if I accept this position, I'd start April 5th. I dont know what to do. I've been told to check back the first week in March...well that doesn't help me either b/c I have to give my landlord 30 days notice. I can't do that if i don't know if we can even find a place or not. We are currently participating in Section 8 here in NY but we don't have to bring it with us. Trinity pays enough that we wouldn't need it...but if it can help, we'll keep it. =[

Old 01-21-2010, 01:11 PM

59 posts, read 234,149 times
hi ... did you try minotdailynews.com i saw a few house rentals about 11 of them hope that helps

Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 PM

I have, but unfortunately many of those listed (today anyways) are still listed by real estate agents so the same rules apply. I was told there would be houses/apartments listed by private owners who might not care about credit history but 3-4 bdrms are rare and don't come up often. And I cant ask anyone to hold an apartment/house for me until at least the last week in February/first week in March... i know it seems pointless to look now. I'm very confused I really want to move here. We are also given 5 nights in a hotel when we first arrive in Minot but after that if we dont have a place to go, we'd be in deep trouble. Thats only assuming theres anything available. But I would need somewhere for the truck to drop off our things also. which adds more issues if we dont have a place set up right away. we could use a storage unit for a week or so but again, if nothing is available what would we do then???

Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 PM

hmmm... maybe google moblie home parks in the minot area and see if they have any rentals? just trying to help... we are hopefully moving to north dakota in the early summer too but we have a travel trailer we can live in until we find something and only have 1 kid .. i wish you luck looks like you have a great oppurtunity its just finding the housing !!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 AM

great idea, thank you.. i found 12 in the area just by google. i dont know how many of them rent out homes but its worth a try! thank you. im still looking to find people who have accepted one of these jobs...there's gotta be a few people out there, i was told about 25 people have taken this job!!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:45 PM

i hope you find something ! let me know how it goes .. good luck

Old 01-22-2010, 07:08 PM

54 posts, read 182,826 times
Hi there,
I have never taken a job with Trinity, but we recently relocated to Oakes, ND with hospital assistance. The recruitment package they are offering is fairly standard for this type of thing. You need to find out if the hospital is going to pay the moving company or if you have to. I will tell you that we moved all of our stuff including motorcycles (2 of them) and it was just under 10,000.00. We are a family of 3, but we do have a lot of stuff. I would go ahead and contact a moving company or uhaul if you are doing it yourself and get an estimate.
If you can afford it, I would make a site visit. This would give you a chance to see the the city yourself as well as the facility. I know it could be costly, but you are talking about relocated a long way from home.
Just my thoughts.
Kat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota