Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:54 PM

6 posts, read 21,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbldm View Post
Yes, I have been given written offer. Thanks for the list. I would really like housing in one of the little towns near. I start April 5. Did you apply and get a written offer? What is your area of expertese and title?
hello how r u i got the job offer ass well and took it looking for anyone single with no kids that might wanna get a 2 bedroom togather if u r intrested send me and email nlock442000@yahoo.com and i start april 5th as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 06:14 PM

6 posts, read 21,842 times
hello my name is napoleon i start at trinity on april 5 and i'm looking for apartments more so a studio because it's just me or a 1 bedroom if u could email me sum info on sum apartment that would b great my email is nlock442000@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyahbunz View Post
i applied, was hired and have moved to Minot. Been here about a week. Housing really isnt so bad, if you dont mind living in an apartment complex. Most of what i have seen are 4-plexes. i can give you tons of info if you need it, just let me know what you're looking for. the website should have all the info for hourly rates. I know of one lady who is a CNA just got hired at 17.77/hr just bc of her experience. im glad i came, its nice out here..people are very nice. the hardest part was actually getting here and then figuring out how to drive around town. its complicated at first =0) but i recomended looking into it...i think coming here was a good choice for us and i wish you luck if you decide on coming. i do know that the sign on bonus and moving allowance are much more for RN's. the bonus check is given to you whn you show up to sign your paper work and then they even give you a map so you can find the bank. it was painless. our worst problem was actually with uhual...other than that...no issues. good luck and let me know if you need anything i have tons of resources from my searching before we came and now that im here, i have even more.

~Corrin

Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 PM

4 posts, read 8,057 times
hi, i recently accepted the job as a cna, looking for housing. my credit is not that good. help please, i will be coming to minot the end of july. did you receive the relocation, and bonus right away?, how is the job, and the area?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:39 PM

can u help me plz moving next month accepted the job at trinity need housing info?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:56 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leegurl View Post
can u help me plz moving next month accepted the job at trinity need housing info?
Unfortunately with the flood that Minot experienced and the homes lost....housing which was already in short supply will be worse. It will be tough.... My advice is to get what you can.... you will not have many choices. I would suggest searching for some apartments on the web and contact the rental companies and go from there hoping to get some leads.

Here are a few.....

Home : IMM Apartments: Over 5,000 apartments for rent

1st Minot Management Inc.

IRET Properties - Apartments for Rent in Minot ND

Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,136 times
post flood.... is housing getting better? coming to town for work and need a place for family of three and a dog.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:53 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas family View Post
post flood.... is housing getting better? coming to town for work and need a place for family of three and a dog.
I was just in the Minot area visiting in-laws and my father in law who knows many in the construction business there....told me how awful the housing situation will be there. It was bad before but now it will be really tough. There are not hotels being built but they all rooms are taken long term before they are finished. Apartments are being built, but they to are taken long before they are finished.

There is a realtor on this forum from Minot who can shed further light and others who post here who know more specifics. I just relayed what I was told.

Post flood it would be way harder as some of the homes will never be rebuilt. This happened after the Grand Forks flood (area where I live now) in 1997 when housing costs went up as demand for anything went way up. Add this on top of the oil boom and the military families moving into the area, cant help to think it will be bad for a while.

Here's an article of interest
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_888168.html

Old 07-11-2011, 02:10 PM

ty for ur help

Old 07-12-2011, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
Hello to everyone! I am in talks for an RN position with the hospital and if/when I take a position of course I will need housing. Just me (female) and no pets. Does anyone know what a one-bedroom apartment goes for these days? I have good credit and will have a solid job.

In a perfect world, I would have my own apartment but with the housing situation as it is I would definitely take a roommate situation (also, it would be less lonely). So if anyone needs a roommate (I would like my own bedroom) in an apartment or house please let me know. Prefer to share with at least one female. Are there any group houses that need an extra person? Just so you know, I'll probably be working some nights/weekends.

That said, if/when I get there I'd also love to meet people for coffee and get to know the town. Reply to this or PM me and let's get some friendships started!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,971 times
Hi, my husband accepted a job in the medical field with Trinity, and everything the hospital promised is real. It is a serious company and take pride in its employees. Minot is a very family-oriented community and schools are beautiful. Renting is vey hard, but if you want to buy there is a good inventory. Do not hesitate, your family is going to llike it. Im not sure about the winter yet, I havent experienced one.....Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota