Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2010, 12:07 PM

22 posts, read 56,263 times

Advertisements

Hi! My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to Fargo or Moorhead. We are both students and are planning on going to school while we are there. Registration deadlines are coming up quick and we are a little confused as to which school we should be applying to.

We've been looking into both schools and both seem like they would be great. It seems like NDSU has a bigger student enrollment but it is also extremely expensive for a out-of-state student. MSUM seems wonderful because it is smaller so class size is reduced and much more affordable. They both seem to be very close to each other so location is not an issue for us.

I am going into nursing and hoping to jump into the program wherever I go. My boyfriend is going into computer science. We were hoping to get some opinions of the locals as to which school would be a better choice. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 PM

203 posts, read 602,415 times
I just met someone from the English prof at Moorehead, and she said it was a nice place even though she was applying for a job at my college.

Speaking as a college prof, it hardly matters where you go to nursing school. Assuming you have good grades, you'll be in demand. No idea about the merits of which computer science program is better, but there is a national shortage of comp sci majors. I couldn't believe that when I read it, but a comp sci prof from U Delaware said it was a fact. NDSU might get more company reps when senior job fairs come around, but with good grades, it shouldn't matter. Besides, 7500 students isn't that small. And he could always transfer to NDSU after 2 years if he thought it would help.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM

85 posts, read 414,602 times
Is out-of-state tuition for MSUM that much lower than out-of-state tuition for NDSU? I'm just curious. I like NDSU, but if the cost difference is that significant, MSUM might be a better choice. I don't know enough about the individual programs at each school, but I think MSUM has a good nursing program. Like the previous poster said, you could always enroll in MSUM and transfer to NDSU later, or vice versa. NDSU, MSUM, and Concordia also have a tri-college system where you can be enrolled in one and take classes at either of the other two for no extra cost. I'm not sure exactly how it works.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 AM

22 posts, read 56,263 times
Thank you for the help! The tri-college system sounds like a great deal and very convenient. We will have to look into that some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: