Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 03:24 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

I know that this question has been asked about the Poconos but I am curious if someone can give me the scoop about what's available.

Back on LI we had a thing called triple play where all three were included in Cablevison.
I liked the fact that there were no bill surrises.

Our habits will be to call out of state fairly frequently and I do call internationally for business reasons.

We enjoy more than basic cable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 03:33 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
We have Service Electric for cable and internet. We have had it for almost 3 years and it has gone out about 4 times - cable and internet combined. I highly recommend them.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM

539 posts, read 1,068,896 times
I think though that Service Electric does not also have the phone package here in W-B for some reason, or at least they didn't. But we have them for internet, use an antenna for TV, and have an Ooma for phone (which is free), and plugs into the router, as mentioned on other posts. So just $56 for internet (the faster 10MBs plan), and the rest for free.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:20 AM

272 posts, read 1,003,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We have Service Electric for cable and internet. We have had it for almost 3 years and it has gone out about 4 times - cable and internet combined. I highly recommend them.
I live in Bear Creek and have Service Electric for my TV,and they have never gone out.Im going to get them to do the phone,internet,tv.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
I think though that Service Electric does not also have the phone package here in W-B for some reason, or at least they didn't. But we have them for internet, use an antenna for TV, and have an Ooma for phone (which is free), and plugs into the router, as mentioned on other posts. So just $56 for internet (the faster 10MBs plan), and the rest for free.
From what I understand, when my husband contacted them about bundling, they were working on it.

But right now, it's not a big issue for us since we don't even have a house phone anymore (haven't in two years). We just use our cells.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
I live in Bear Creek and have Service Electric for my TV,and they have never gone out.Im going to get them to do the phone,internet,tv.
Yeah, when it has gone out it's been for *very* short periods of time - 15 mins, 30 mins, etc.

When we had DISH in our old apartment I thought it was horrible. The pictures would pixelate at the mere hint of a storm and when it went out, it would be out for hours. No thank you.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:45 AM

272 posts, read 1,003,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yeah, when it has gone out it's been for *very* short periods of time - 15 mins, 30 mins, etc.

When we had DISH in our old apartment I thought it was horrible. The pictures would pixelate at the mere hint of a storm and when it went out, it would be out for hours. No thank you.
I know what you mean, we had Dish, and every timed it stormed,we lost the picture,we had a bad ice storm five or more years ago and had no tv for days, and thats when I went back to cabel.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:06 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
So everyone is happy with Service Electric?

The Dish experience sounds as awful as the Dishes themselves look.

I do still have a house phone - I need that for business purposes. Also, with teenagers you need to keep your contact options open, if anyone knows what I mean.

Does anyone bundle the three togeher?

Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,159 times
I bundled with Service Electric nearly three years ago. Initially, it was the best deal in town, and fairly decent service (if you can get someone on the phone who knows what they are talking about.) Unfortunately, I will be looking for another provider. Every year, come the month of January, they bump of their bundle package $10. What started out as a great deal, has become rather expensive. Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania