Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,412 times

Advertisements

I frequently visit Kildare's at their new Location in Scranton, i must say, pricing is not at all to high, they offer $2 Drafts and $3 Mix drinks everyday, my favorite special would have to be $2 You Call it on Thursday nights and the food is GREAT! I have also visited the Oyster House in West Chester and it is AMAZING i personally can not wait for it at Montage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonStudent View Post
I frequently visit Kildare's at their new Location in Scranton, i must say, pricing is not at all to high, they offer $2 Drafts and $3 Mix drinks everyday, my favorite special would have to be $2 You Call it on Thursday nights and the food is GREAT! I have also visited the Oyster House in West Chester and it is AMAZING i personally can not wait for it at Montage!
I assume you're on the payroll.

Anyways, yes, they have decent deals for happy hour, but once happy hour is over, a Guinness draft is 6 bucks. A Guinness draft usually goes for no more than 4 bucks in Scranton. The food is OK at Kildare's (by OK I mean its not horrible, but its mediocre...comparable to Applebee's or a run of the mill chain)....but very overpriced.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I assume you're on the payroll.
I'll never understand these "conspiracy theorists" who dwell within Scranton. When I used to be a Scranton cheerleader in 2006-2008 from my perch in the southern 'burbs everyone presumed I "must" have been a Doherty loyalist, even after I tried to clarify that it IS possible to want to envision the city rising from the ashes DESPITE disagreeing with elected leadership. I agree with Mayor Doherty on a select FEW aspects, one of which is his belief that boosting the residential population Downtown will help its overall revitalization, and then that improved Downtown image will help to gentrify struggling adjacent neighborhoods. I abhor his "my way or the highway" mentality in regards to the public safety unions. I think he's a coward for not enacting new taxes and fees that would more equitably shift the city's financial burden across ALL who partake in its services and offerings while simultaneously lowering the wage and mercantile taxes to spur economic growth. He borrowed instead of making TOUGH DECISIONS like slashing administrative pork (albeit his own salary of $50,000 IS reasonable, despite what the "I never got MINE" Doomers may claim).

Why does there have to be some sort of "conspiracy" behind anyone who has something positive to say about the city? Why does anyone who like Kildare's necessarily have to be employed there? Why does anyone who applauds the Connell Building's success have to be a Doobie? I'm just tiring of everything in this city being an "us" vs. "them" battle while the city collapses all around you. I had (and still have) many excellent ideas on how to upright the S.S. Scranton, but nobody wanted to hear them because I was a suburbanite in Pittston Twp. Sometimes if Scrantonians themselves are clueless in regards to urban revitalization then they SHOULD step aside and let we "outsiders" have our two cents. I made so many excellent suggestions via e-mail to city council. How many were implemented? None. (Although one was stolen by Madame Cruela DeVil).

Old 12-02-2010, 02:13 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
I'll never understand these "conspiracy theorists" who dwell within Scranton. When I used to be a Scranton cheerleader in 2006-2008 from my perch in the southern 'burbs everyone presumed I "must" have been a Doherty loyalist, even after I tried to clarify that it IS possible to want to envision the city rising from the ashes DESPITE disagreeing with elected leadership. I agree with Mayor Doherty on a select FEW aspects, one of which is his belief that boosting the residential population Downtown will help its overall revitalization, and then that improved Downtown image will help to gentrify struggling adjacent neighborhoods. I abhor his "my way or the highway" mentality in regards to the public safety unions. I think he's a coward for not enacting new taxes and fees that would more equitably shift the city's financial burden across ALL who partake in its services and offerings while simultaneously lowering the wage and mercantile taxes to spur economic growth. He borrowed instead of making TOUGH DECISIONS like slashing administrative pork (albeit his own salary of $50,000 IS reasonable, despite what the "I never got MINE" Doomers may claim).

Why does there have to be some sort of "conspiracy" behind anyone who has something positive to say about the city? Why does anyone who like Kildare's necessarily have to be employed there? Why does anyone who applauds the Connell Building's success have to be a Doobie? I'm just tiring of everything in this city being an "us" vs. "them" battle while the city collapses all around you. I had (and still have) many excellent ideas on how to upright the S.S. Scranton, but nobody wanted to hear them because I was a suburbanite in Pittston Twp. Sometimes if Scrantonians themselves are clueless in regards to urban revitalization then they SHOULD step aside and let we "outsiders" have our two cents. I made so many excellent suggestions via e-mail to city council. How many were implemented? None. (Although one was stolen by Madame Cruela DeVil).
Read the post....a little common sense will tell you that the person posting is probably an employee. 1st and only post, and seems to know more than any "Scranton Student" would know about the company. It reads like a PR piece.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:01 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:

relax paul--looks like employee to me too

Old 12-02-2010, 04:42 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
Quote:
Why does there have to be some sort of "conspiracy" behind anyone who has something positive to say about the city?

Because 9 out of 10 times its either someone who DOESN'T live here(not you), or somebody that is benefiting from the city's current fiscal state and is connected in one way or another to the system here in Podunk.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:38 PM

267 posts, read 765,666 times
Should have known this was going to turn into one of "those" threads when I posted the original question.

I was just generally interested about these two restaurants after they were in the news last year, but have not heard anything about them since.
I know better next time.

BTW, I did Email the Magrogan Group, but got no response and the Shoppes at Montage doesn't have an email listed on their site, only a form to sign up for their mailing list.

Also, did you notice the Pretzel Twister moved from the Shoppes to the Wyoming Valley Mall.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoca resident View Post
Should have known this was going to turn into one of "those" threads when I posted the original question.

I was just generally interested about these two restaurants after they were in the news last year, but have not heard anything about them since.
I know better next time.

BTW, I did Email the Magrogan Group, but got no response and the Shoppes at Montage doesn't have an email listed on their site, only a form to sign up for their mailing list.

Also, did you notice the Pretzel Twister moved from the Shoppes to the Wyoming Valley Mall.
It is what it is, if its not opened a year later and there has been zero activity in the building and the other place at the shoppes isn't open then there is no reason to think that it will open.

Its Scranton, there is no business downtown for restaurants to survive after dark. Especially when in the immediate area there is 5 or 6 restaurants/bars less then a block away.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:25 PM

232 posts, read 347,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
It is what it is, if its not opened a year later and there has been zero activity in the building and the other place at the shoppes isn't open then there is no reason to think that it will open.

Its Scranton, there is no business downtown for restaurants to survive after dark. Especially when in the immediate area there is 5 or 6 restaurants/bars less then a block away.
That is a bit of a contradiction...

Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBFAN View Post
That is a bit of a contradiction...
Why? I never said they were successful. From what I have seen and been told the only place downtown that is busy is the Ale House.

You realize that you can only cut the profitable pie so many times before there isn't enough for everyone right? Ground Round and Molly Branigans have closed shop, the restaurant across from the mall in the old mineshaft site has closed, the "garage" has been through so many names and the "Hardware Bar" is empty when the line for the alehouse is almost to Farley's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania