Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

Wow it never the swinger situation never even crossed my mind.
What are your girlfriend's interests? Where do you work and what do you both do?

We are also new to the area. From NY to Wilkes-Barre. I think it's harder if you don't have children. Since you did not mention any, I am deducing that you don't have any.

This should be a good place to meet other people, and I am sorry for the sarcasm of others.
The Spring and Summer are an ideal time to meet new people! We like to walk and run along the river. After Memorial Day, the Farmer's Market opens in Market Square.
Not sure what time bars close in PA but Rodano's in Wilkes-Barre and Bart and Urbies are pretty friendly, have food and sports are usually on TV.

Local library is another way to meet people. We attend lectures that interest us and have met a few people that way.

There are lot's of volunteer opportunities and if this is an interest, that's another way to meet others.

ArtsYouniverse has some great classes and I think they have some sort of party once a month.

You might want to join a gym also.

The area is steeped in history! There is a Luzerne County Historical Society.

Not sure what religion you are or are not, but I have made friends at my church, Good Shepherd Lutheran in Kingston.
If your are more like a spiritual person, but not into regular churches, the Unity Center of Wilkes Barre has many cool people and you absolutely do not need to convert to go go there. Many people in your age group. Also there is a Unitarian Universalist Society in the area. Some of them are agnostic but they do some cool stuff.

Welcome to the area! If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 06:23 PM

232 posts, read 347,556 times
Friendly group , lol.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
Well, it is a great time of year to go out and about. Music fests start, free concerts in the park ( Nay Aug here in Scranton) or at court house square. Bethelem has music weekends, I am told they are fabu, but stay away from the food.

Volunteering is always a great way to meet people, churches, or if you have some things to sell, go to Circle K Flea Market on Sundays and you will meet all kinds of folks. I know in Jessup this weekend they need painters for the baseball park that was damaged by a tornado last year.

I know the Red Cross is looking for volunteers, also I enjoy going to open Mic night at the Irish Wolf Pub on Wednesday nights. A really vaired crowd, young, old, punk, rock, rap, comics sometimes, and I usually only have a shot of Malibu and then drink water all night. The owner is not making much money off of me, but so far he has not seemed to mind.

Sunday's there is a five buck donation at the door and it is a standing date for a local not for profit radio station. The music is a different as the folks that go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania