Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:18 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have only been to Bojangles once or twice. It was good - but I did not like it as good as Popeyes.
When you sit behind the wheel of a truck for hours on end; you tend look forward to your chow stops. Popeyes kept my wheels turning in anticipation. Larry’s Giant Subs (in Georgia) also kept my wheels turning.

I used to love Popeyes’ Tenders and a side of their mashed potatoes and gravy - I loved to dunk my Tenders in their taters.

However; now I’m retired and I don’t have to drive myself nuts thinking about my next meal. It has also taken a few extra pounds off!
Good for you and the weight loss! I really should not have any kind of fast food, and I do not usually but Popeye's is a treat, and I do love Crown too! So glad it came to Scranton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 AM

212 posts, read 502,475 times
My favorite thing in the Popeyes is not the fried chicken but their spiced mashed potato, make sure they pour A LOT of gravy on the side for it... YUM.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,853 times
I wish we had Popeyes in Utah where I am now. Actually, there is only one in the state, and its on the air force base and no one can access it except AF personnel. But they keep showing commercials on TV for it, jerks!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:12 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Never a good sign when Crown Fried Chicken moves in....Crown Fried Chicken and Kennedy Fried Chicken are sometimes called "ghetto chicken."

Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,306 times
My husband and I ate in a Popeye's in Allentown last year. I'm not sure where exactly it was - it was in a plaza that also housed a 7 Eleven. You'd probably find it on their site. I know it's not exactly close, but it's probably the closest you'd find around the area.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:47 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
tara_pa,

We have the one that just opened up in Stroudsburg. That was the reason that I started the thread - to ask if there were others in the W/Scranton area. The one in Stroudsburg has been especially busy since it opened.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 PM

709 posts, read 955,479 times
Durn, and I just moved to Alabama. Previous to Stroudsburg opening, Allentown was closest for Popeyes. I love Popeyes, much better than either Kentucky or Maryland fried chicken. Schiffs chicken is good, but not fastfood. In the deep south, now I get to try many different fried chickens places. Yum for me!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
wadejay26,

I used to stop at an old truck stop off of I 59 in Alabama. It was dirty and run down - but it had great chicken (unfortunately; I forgot the exit number). I also used to stop at KFC in Georgia that had great chicken compared to ours up north. Yes; southern chicken taste better.

If you ever get over to Georgia; check out Larry’s Giant Subs - they do have a web site: http://www.larryssubs.com/franchise/zipsearch.asp They would keep my wheels turning when I used to run Florida.

Alabama is know for it’s shrimp and seafood. Perhaps you can try the southern hamburger - a soft shelled crab on an hamburger roll.

Don’t forget to also check out boiled peanuts. They are a little messy but really great.

On the Popeyes locater you do have some Alabama listings.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 AM

1,193 posts, read 2,390,808 times
As good as the chicken at Popeye's is, it's the biscuits that draw me in every time. I swear, they're so buttery it's like they fried 'em. Amazing.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Never a good sign when Crown Fried Chicken moves in....Crown Fried Chicken and Kennedy Fried Chicken are sometimes called "ghetto chicken."
i only heard it called that by white anti other race people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania