Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 11:02 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,354,665 times

Advertisements

No place is nirvana, Sarge. Wayne county has their share of crime, i.e., meth labs, etc. However, I would say the likelyhood of general nuisance to serious crime is to be had in Tobyhanna. In particularly, PCP. The choice is yours on whether you pick a house in that area. Myself and others are just giving you our view of things. I give my view of Bushkill because I live here now. I know what goes on that no stat can tell you. I am hoping you can carve out your niche wherever you move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 11:09 AM

472 posts, read 779,200 times
Thank you I appreciate that QL...

Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM

109 posts, read 47,650 times
Hi All, been following this thread for awhile, first post. First off thanks Sarge for exposing Riverside for what he really is. I also remembered him saying he retired in 1991 but could not find his post. I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions when it comes to PCP, but when opinions become personal attacks, thats totally uncalled for.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:36 PM

Well I agree with you Perp Smasher but maybe he was having a bad day or something. I'd rather have him bash on me then someone else who might really take it to heart and get hurt feelings behind it. As far as me exposing him he really did that to himself. What really amazed me was the crime stats for the place he called God's Country. The rape rate over 4 times the national average? For a place with a very low population rate that was pretty scary. I have an 8 year old daughter that statistic alone would steer me clear from a place like that. A lot of rapes and crimes like that never get reported because of it being done by family members and family friends and so forth which makes me think that statistic can be well below what it actually really is for that area. Spooky.....

Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Hi, Looking to speak with current owners in A Pocono Country Place. I have been visiting the development for over 7 months now and so far it has been a great experience. I hear all the ugily things I have spoken mostly to past owners in the community but now I really wish to get a fresh feel from the owners, People working and paying the bills in the community. Please renters welcome also. Most people whom I talked to while visiting had more complaints with the Community Board and the rules more then anything but not one said that they attented any meetings nor did they take steps to bring the issues they have to the boards attention.

I have written the Board as a person who is one interested in possibly buying a property in APCP and a Concerned citizen. The amount of forclosures in APCP and empty homes doesn't concern me as much as the empty homes with open windows and doors and the lack of community concern by both law enforcement, Banks, neighbors and community board members. Here is the letter.

Greetings,
I am sending this email to all the email addresses I could find on your site. I would first start off saying I am a law enforcement officer of NJ very interested in your community. I go to my cousin's place all the time located in the K section on Sunnyside Drive. He really doesn't get to the house often and I have been going up frequently since June 2011. I absolutely love the people and the community. I am seriously considering buying a house in APCP in the next year or so. I have been to many communities in Pa and to be honest out of all of the ones I have been to There are two that stand out to me for very different reasons. One is Saw Creek Estates for the amenities. Hands down there is no better that I know of as far as amenities go. APCP for one reason, I really love everyone I have interacted with in the community. I don't care what I read in the paper or online and even in NJ people have heard of the bad reputation of your community. I hate the fact that people judge what they know nothing about. Times are tough everywhere. But because times are tough doesn't mean that you stop worrying about your neighbor or your neighborhood. Being in law enforcement for so long I have learned a few things along the way. One great concern I have with your community during these hard times is not the abundanced of empty homes, but the abundance of empty homes that are becoming uninhabitable. I do go on websites and I do visit homes that are on the market for sale and I have found an alarming amount of homes with windows, doors and outside cellar doors wide open. Some houses have had their windows wide open since June and for possibly months or years before that. Most of these homes will become unrepairable if they are not so already and it seems like no one cares. I care... It baffles my mind how the community residents, local and community law enforcement, and the enforcement division for the various codes residents get fined for do not step up and at least make the effort to close these windows and doors for the good of the community. Wrong or not I have closed several windows and doors of houses that I have seen there if for only one reason, its the right thing to do. I have called several realtors to complain that these homes are being left for dead, windows and doors ajar and not one has done what is simply the right thing to do CARE. I care and hope that someone on the board, someone in the community steps up and does something to help the integrity of the community. Eventually when these homes start to fall apart the residents that are there will fall in even more dispair. Would you want to pay community dues when the homes around you are falling apart or becoming unrepairable? The community is still beautiful, this problem is not yet beyond repair but if no one starts to try and fix some of these problems where does the future lead? Can maybe in your bulletin can you mention for others to care and report any empty home that has open or broken windows and doors so that someone in the community can come and try and save some of these homes? Eventually you do want these homes sold and lived in. I hope my thoughts do not fall on deaf ears and something gets done about it. It breaks my heart to see such a beautiful place slowly deteriorate in front of my very eyes. If you need my help I would be willing to drive there on my days off and help. It is possible people of the community feel the same as I do but just need to be brought together and would volunteer to help seal these homes. Its a safety issue also for the children that would possibly go into these homes to hangout or play and get hurt and no one would know til its too late. I thank you for reading my email and if I am out of place because I am not currently a resident I am sorry but I do care out of love I have for APCP and its residents.

Mod cut - reply letter removed - one cannot post a private letter/e-mail on a public forum without the consent of the author. Please paraphrase instead.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND I REALLY LOVE THAT PLACE AND THE PRICES ARE SERIOUSLY INVITING AND I JUST WANT INPUT FROM PEOPLE THERE NOW. AM I BEING OVERLY CONCERNED? HELP ME MAKE A WISE CHOICE!!!
Please stick to the OP or this thread will be closed.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,191 times
Sarge and others interested, the WORST THING killing APCP is RULES ENFORCEMENT and EMPLOYEES and BOD as Tony stated above. Any decent citizens are constantly HARASSED, FINED, MANIPULATED, EMPOSED, it's like LIVING IN A PRISION WALLS the way RULES ENFORCEMENT RUNS THIS PLACE. The funny thing is that Stephanie, the rules enforcement officer said she moved out of APCP because she was being find and doesn't even like working at APCP. It is a REAL SHAME. The place is gorgeous, homes are really nice, some sections are beautiful, BUT THE PLACE IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF IDIOTS that you cant get rid of who make everyone's life LIKE LIVING IN A PRISON !!!!!!! The fake security guard officers are HEAD STRONG, handing out fines like crazy idiots to really nice people who have make this a great place, in a manner to be IMPORTANT. The amount of CRIME IS VERY LITTLE, there is more crime in stroudsburg than APCP based on size. There are a few dumb kids who are punks, but nothing very bad. THE BIGGEST KILLERS OF APCP is who is RUNNING APCP! IF THE PROPERTY OWNERS COULD GET THE PROPERTY BACK FROM RULES ENFORCEMENT AND THE IDIOTS RUNNING APCP, THIS WOULD BE ONE OF THE TOP COMMUNITIES IN THE POCONOS, HANDS DOWN !!!!!!!

The employees who site in the offices are like ZOMBIES, dont care about anything, are looking at the clock as to when they get off. The RULES ENFORCEMENT are POWER STRONG POLICE STATE READY TO GO AT ANYONE and RIP THEM APART with FINES, RULES, CITATIONS, to COMMAND THEIR OWN POWER. THE BOD dont care and the people running it are probably on the TAKE of money. At 5,000 homes at 120 per month, they are raking in over a HALF A MILLION per MONTH, where is that money going to??? ACCORDING TO THE BOOKS, the number one paycheck is to THE PUBLIC SAFETY RULES ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT. WHAT A SHAME IS THIS PLACE.

They want to put up security camers all over the place, monitor every homeowners movements. THIS IS A PRISION, not a HOME. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED AND TAKE OUT.

HOMEOWNERS, PLEASE GET TOGETHER AND TAKE DOWN THE PEOPLE RUNNING APCP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, get rid of the gates, fire the incompetent security guards pretending to be officers, get rid of the massive RULES ENFORCEMENT scam, use the money collected to the people living here and not to the benefit of PEOPLE RUNNING THIS SCAM, the properties and land and community is beautiful, do this ..... and this will be the number one community in the Poconos !!!!!!

Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM

I have heard this before. My cousin does not live in the community, he barely goes. I go up and mow the lawn and just relax from work and being in the city. I agree it is peaceful and the people are nice. A friend I met from there left for Henryville because he couldn't take the rules. Another left because he crashed his car and went 9 months but couldn't get another one. I would drive up there to take him food shopping and to the drug store for his monthly meds. Because of the location and the local transit system he had enough. He went back to NY after 5 years. He was a renter. People do need to stand up and go to the meetings and have a voice. I have been told by others that the meetings come poor turn outs and nothing gets done. Problems get put off the agenda til next meeting and are put off til they are forgotten about. The security force is well equipt. I speak to them when I am there all the time. Most seem very nice possibly there is an un official quota? I don't know, I'd hope not but because of the location of the development I think it is better to have then to have not. I turned on the alarm by mistake and seriously they were there before I could reach the keyboard on the wall. Bad politics are wides spread everywhere. Changing with the times is necessary and should be something that could be addressed is enough people cared enough to show up to the meetings and voice their opinions. I would hope something can change because this is the main problem with PCP that I hear from most people that live there...

Old 04-21-2013, 09:38 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
Neighbors had so much garbage in their yards and nothing was kept up nicely. Grass was high and there were unregistered vehicles in the driveways. One person moved out and the house was cleaned out by relaitves. All the refrigerator food was placed in a garbage pail and left at the road. It wasn't picked up. I couldn't walk outside due to the smell and flies surrounding it. I called admin several times but it took a board member making the call to get action. No one was fined. However, I once took a garbage bag and cleaned up all the trash on the road and surrounding area and placed it out with the pails in the morning before I left for work. Lo and behold, I got fined for having a trash bag and it not being placed in a can. Go figure.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,354,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postcdat View Post
Sarge and others interested, the WORST THING killing APCP is RULES ENFORCEMENT and EMPLOYEES and BOD as Tony stated above. Any decent citizens are constantly HARASSED, FINED, MANIPULATED, EMPOSED, it's like LIVING IN A PRISION WALLS the way RULES ENFORCEMENT RUNS THIS PLACE. The funny thing is that Stephanie, the rules enforcement officer said she moved out of APCP because she was being find and doesn't even like working at APCP. It is a REAL SHAME. The place is gorgeous, homes are really nice, some sections are beautiful, BUT THE PLACE IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF IDIOTS that you cant get rid of who make everyone's life LIKE LIVING IN A PRISON !!!!!!! The fake security guard officers are HEAD STRONG, handing out fines like crazy idiots to really nice people who have make this a great place, in a manner to be IMPORTANT. The amount of CRIME IS VERY LITTLE, there is more crime in stroudsburg than APCP based on size. There are a few dumb kids who are punks, but nothing very bad. THE BIGGEST KILLERS OF APCP is who is RUNNING APCP! IF THE PROPERTY OWNERS COULD GET THE PROPERTY BACK FROM RULES ENFORCEMENT AND THE IDIOTS RUNNING APCP, THIS WOULD BE ONE OF THE TOP COMMUNITIES IN THE POCONOS, HANDS DOWN !!!!!!!

The employees who site in the offices are like ZOMBIES, dont care about anything, are looking at the clock as to when they get off. The RULES ENFORCEMENT are POWER STRONG POLICE STATE READY TO GO AT ANYONE and RIP THEM APART with FINES, RULES, CITATIONS, to COMMAND THEIR OWN POWER. THE BOD dont care and the people running it are probably on the TAKE of money. At 5,000 homes at 120 per month, they are raking in over a HALF A MILLION per MONTH, where is that money going to??? ACCORDING TO THE BOOKS, the number one paycheck is to THE PUBLIC SAFETY RULES ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT. WHAT A SHAME IS THIS PLACE.

They want to put up security camers all over the place, monitor every homeowners movements. THIS IS A PRISION, not a HOME. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED AND TAKE OUT.

HOMEOWNERS, PLEASE GET TOGETHER AND TAKE DOWN THE PEOPLE RUNNING APCP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, get rid of the gates, fire the incompetent security guards pretending to be officers, get rid of the massive RULES ENFORCEMENT scam, use the money collected to the people living here and not to the benefit of PEOPLE RUNNING THIS SCAM, the properties and land and community is beautiful, do this ..... and this will be the number one community in the Poconos !!!!!!
This sounds like my community I am thinking this is indicative of many HOA's in the Poconos

Old 04-22-2013, 03:29 PM

452 posts, read 682,100 times
I had the unfortunate luck of dealing with a Board/HOA during my tenure in PA. also. I noticed the major problem was that the people in charge were NJ NY transplants with tremendous ego issues. It was almost like they had the attitude that they were unable to be noticed before moving here and were going to make a statement now. Was this an isolated case???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania