Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:59 PM

19 posts, read 46,279 times

Advertisements

Wow...I'm surprised no one likes it lol. Well, we DO have 3 little kids, & most pizza is pizza to me, so I don't care too much in that regards. I like the atmosphere, & how you get all different kinds of stuff for like, $5. Dessert pizza rocks :-D Can't beat the price!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM

207 posts, read 284,693 times
I can definitely see the appeal for children and bringing them there. I can see this being a hit but who knows.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Yuck, chain pizza. And even worse, chain pizza on a buffet sitting under heat lamps. I can't see that place doing well around here, with all the good mom and pop pizza places around here. But then again, somehow Olive Garden packs them in with their mediocre reheated frozen processed food despite the area having tons of great local Italian restaurants.

What we need in this area is a real BBQ place, not a chain place like Smokey Bones, but a real southern BBQ joint with smokers. But something tells me it wouldn't be appreciated in this area.

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 08-21-2012 at 02:25 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 02:12 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Not thrilled, the only pizzeria that would excite me is if one came right out of NYC and planted itself here

Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Yuck, chain pizza. And even worse, chain pizza on a buffet sitting under heat lamps. I can't see that place doing well around here, with all the good mom and pop pizza places around here. But then again, somehow Olive Garden packs them in with their mediocre reheated forzen processed food despite the area having tons of great local Italian restaurants.

What we need in this area is a real BBQ place, not a chain place like Smokey Bones, but a real southern BBQ joint with smokers. But something tells me it wouldn't be appreciated in this area.
There is a really great BBQ place in Stroudsburg, it's not a chain, i can't think of the name of it right now, but it's called pig something, i'll let you know the name of it when i find the pic i posted on FB.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Yuck, chain pizza. And even worse, chain pizza on a buffet sitting under heat lamps. I can't see that place doing well around here, with all the good mom and pop pizza places around here. But then again, somehow Olive Garden packs them in with their mediocre reheated forzen processed food despite the area having tons of great local Italian restaurants.

It's called Tickle My Pig. Awesome place

Old 08-21-2012, 02:56 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
Quote:
Yuck, chain pizza. And even worse, chain pizza on a buffet sitting under heat lamps. I can't see that place doing well around here, with all the good mom and pop pizza places around here. But then again, somehow Olive Garden packs them in with their mediocre reheated frozen processed food despite the area having tons of great local Italian restaurants.

Many years ago, down by the big cow on 309, in a bar called Krugels, there was a young man, Curtis, who had a smoker in the parking lot and he made the best da*m ribs I've had since I moved here. We even met him selling his wares at the Keystone State Games one year. Well, Curtis was doing very well and decided to open him up his own place - I believe it was somewhere on Park in W-B. My life was in a mess at the time and I never did get up to eat some of those really, really good ribs. When I finally did get around to it, he was gone. Rumors abound but I won't post what was going around. Suffice it to say, it wasn't lack of customers.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:41 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,569 times
Quote:

there is...BBQ by Barry in West Pittston. B3Q:Barbeque By Barry

Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 PM

207 posts, read 284,693 times
Kundla's seems to do well despite it being out in Hamlin and only being open 3 days a week, summers only. Apparently there is a new joint on Main in Wilkes Barre but I haven't had it yet.

In regards to Cici's though (and I know pizza talk is typically frowned upon) but I'd be okay with no more pizza shops opening in the area. There's more than plenty good ones that a chain definitely isn't needed as mentioned above. I just think it'll do well because it's dirt cheap. The Olive Garden analogy is pretty spot on.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Recently opened in Scranton on Keyser Ave

www.MenusNEPA.com....Randy's Bar-B-Q & Burger Joint, Scranton, PA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania