Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 05:13 PM

403 posts, read 771,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I know The township I live in If you want to build a home you must have 2 acres of land in order to build new .. I know a few other places are like that too ... Just ask before you buy a 1 acre lot and get screwed because you need a 2 acres to build ... Also a septic system will run a MIN of $15,000 and a well will run at least $4 grand ( depending on how far they have to drill.. ) Your better off buying a home thats already built .. There are some great deals out there .. Its a Buyers market ..

Wow...I never knew this! Thanks for the info. We just took a ride through Olyphant and Clarks Summit today. Oh, how I LOVE the feel of Clarks Summit. That being said, I didn't actually talk to any people there, so I can't speak for the feel of them! I did, however, find out that it is only an extra 3 minutes to Tobyhanna from Clarks Summit than from Olyphant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 05:42 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renrenbri View Post
Wow...I never knew this! Thanks for the info. We just took a ride through Olyphant and Clarks Summit today. Oh, how I LOVE the feel of Clarks Summit. That being said, I didn't actually talk to any people there, so I can't speak for the feel of them! I did, however, find out that it is only an extra 3 minutes to Tobyhanna from Clarks Summit than from Olyphant.
You'll get some varied responsed about the people of Clarks Summit. Some people say they are snobby and rich. Personally I've noted a great sense of community there.

Are you looking in the actual borough of Clarks Summit, or all over the Clarks Summit zip code? There are several municipalities that comprise Clark Summit's 18411 zip code.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM

403 posts, read 771,634 times
I'm not sure. We've just driven through the main downtown area, and up and down several streets surrounding it. I love the quaint little downtown and also the fact that almost everything you need is only about 5 minutes away, yet crime is still low. I'm not very sure that I could afford much more than an older fixer upper there, but it is still lovely!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look around! You might find something that you like. Just make sure you research what your taxes will be, as I'm sure you know.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 AM

130 posts, read 251,930 times
Olyphant is the least desirable of the 3 areas you mentioned and would be far down on my list. It is not easily accessie and mostly one way in and out with one lane each way. School district while safe is terrible, look at the numbers mid valley scores lower than Scranton high. Moscow area closer to Tobyhanna for sure but it's rural so you get an odd element up there of backwoods people. Everyone knows the Clark's summit area is the nicest and any poster telling you it's full of snobs is jealous. As safe as it gets great schools super close to Dickson city shopping and downtown Scranton, easily accessible to 81 for commute to Tobyhanna. If I were ever to move back Clark's summit area hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania