Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We don't have uniforms. Just a very, very strict dress code. Uniforms don't help anyway. Humans will always find a way to classify and prioritize.
Been saying that since ...forever. At Holy Redeemer the rich kids carry L.L Bean bags, coach bags, and wear Sperry Topsider boat shoes. The others where Payless shoes, Target bags, and have one $60 Flynn O'Hara kilt. Other girls have a kilt for every day of the week.

Social class and personal interests come through the best of uniforms. Teens are great social observers.

Check out the John Hughes films of the 1980s. A crash course i categorization of high school students.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
Sorry, but your wrong. I don't side with bullies, never have, never will. As far as people being afraid of me, thats funny. I'm one of the MOST giving people you'll ever know.

Your incidents have NO BEARING in this discussion, so instead of redirecting the attention back to you, maybe you could discuss the issue. I know its hard being a narcissist, but at least try.

Society no longer teaches us or our children to stand up for ourselves. It teaches to evade, run from or ignore our issues at hand. It's always easier to blame others for your troubles then it is to stand your ground and fight for what you believe, fight for your piece of mind.

Fighting for yourself, beliefs or lives doesn't always mean a physical fight. The mental battles are the toughest, but standing up to your OWN demons is no different then standing up to your bullies.

Our children are being taught that they will be punished if they stand up for themselves.

My life long friends that took their lives in their youth and later in life were cowardly bastards that took the easy way out and left their friends and family holding the bag.

The guilt that their parents feel 25 yrs later is still as fresh as it did the day they lost their child..

Last edited by weluvpa; 09-27-2012 at 03:55 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Been saying that since ...forever. At Holy Redeemer the rich kids carry L.L Bean bags, coach bags, and wear Sperry Topsider boat shoes. The others where Payless shoes, Target bags, and have one $60 Flynn O'Hara kilt. Other girls have a kilt for every day of the week.

Social class and personal interests come through the best of uniforms. Teens are great social observers.

Check out the John Hughes films of the 1980s. A crash course i categorization of high school students.
LOL Rich kids dress like they came from the yacht club? L.L. Bean, Sperry your clueless about what rich kids wear and the brands you picked are far from reality of what rich is or isn't.

Maybe Cole Haan, Brooks Brother, Burberry, Johnston & Murphy, Gucci, Vuitton, Banana Republic or my all time favorite clothier Hart Shaffner Marx.

I know I'm on ignore, but I doubt (highly) that you even had a kid at Redeemer.....

Old 09-27-2012, 05:17 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
I was in 7th grade when a classmates sister who was in 9th grade committed suicide. My middle school had 6-9th graders. It was awful, I can still remember that day so clearly. She was popular, pretty, a cheerleader, gorgeous, came from a good family and her Mom worked in our building. Our teachers did a great job of discussing it in the classrooms that day, answered our questions, allowed us to cry and cried with us. That was the day I realized teachers were real people! We were a very close knit school, and until I left that building I knew I could turn to any of these adults if I had a problem. That was on of the greatest gifts I ever received. I do not believe kids feel this way today, I think kids are fearful of getting in trouble and I think they have more of a deeper more engrained sense of us vs. them.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:25 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
LOL Rich kids dress like they came from the yacht club? L.L. Bean, Sperry your clueless about what rich kids wear and the brands you picked are far from reality of what rich is or isn't.

Maybe Cole Haan, Brooks Brother, Burberry, Johnston & Murphy, Gucci, Vuitton, Banana Republic or my all time favorite clothier Hart Shaffner Marx.

I know I'm on ignore, but I doubt (highly) that you even had a kid at Redeemer.....
Are you effin serious. We did not have one, but had both kids at Redeemer, and one graduated this last year and is in college. You are a joke. Several members on CD were invited to his graduation and have seen photographs of the commencement at St. Nicks. What do you think I am going to do post photos of my handsome son and beautiful daughter on CD for your pleasure. god knows what you would do with them.

In fact, I'll go further, I doubt that you ever had a child in Scranton Prep and for that matter I question you even having a wife. I think you live with mother Hubbard.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Are you effin serious. We did not have one, but had both kids at Redeemer, and one graduated this last year and is in college. You are a joke. Several members on CD were invited to his graduation and have seen photographs of the commencement at St. Nicks. What do you think I am going to do post photos of my handsome son and beautiful daughter on CD for your pleasure. god knows what you would do with them.

In fact, I'll go further, I doubt that you ever had a child in Scranton Prep and for that matter I question you even having a wife. I think you live with mother Hubbard.
Lol no my son doesn't go to Prep he is only 14, but my sister and I did attend. Ole Mother Hubbards, thats funny. Nope have my own house and family Dave.

This thread is about an important issue and all you are doing and have done is try to hijack this and seemingly make about you and your issues. You guys aren't happy unless your the center of attention. Let it go.

How are we to believe anything you say?

What happened to the other two children you claimed to have in the Ohio thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/1625804-ohio-relocation.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Hi: We have four children, one going to an Ohio College this fall and another going into 11th grade and two in middle and elementary school. Our religious background is Lutheran and Jewish and have an Asian daughter and we are moderate democrats, but progressive in nature. We love older homes and don't mind living in the city or a surrounding suburbs. We are fine with diversity but don't want to be the minority. Earlier we asked about Boardman, but no one had anything good to say about it. Does anyone have any suggestions about an area that we would feel comfortable in?
Stay on topic please...

Again this thread isn't about you.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Lol no my son doesn't go to Prep he is only 14, but my sister and I did attend. Ole Mother Hubbards, thats funny. Nope have my own house and family Dave.

This thread is about an important issue and all you are doing and have done is try to hijack this and seemingly make about you and your issues. You guys aren't happy unless your the center of attention. Let it go.

How are we to believe anything you say?

What happened to the other two children you claimed to have in the Ohio thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/1625804-ohio-relocation.html

Stay on topic please...

Again this thread isn't about you.
You brought up the fact that my kids didn't go to Redeemer, when sheena was talking about the way rich kids dress. You should keep on topic.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Which kids? The ones in HS or the Asian and other one in middle and elementary schools? I'm confused.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Closed for mod review

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania